PDA

View Full Version : Hood

HondaBoy
02-02-2004, 09:42 PM
i finally found a pretty good hood at the junkyard. it just needs to be repainted. it has no rust and is all strait. they want $75 for it! i think by the time i get done with primer and new paint it will cost more than a new one i can get online with primer on it, ready for painting. also, theres the consideration of a CF hood which i looked for on ebay but couldnt find recently. i have the money to get it. any suggestions? personally i think the CF hood is the way to go, stock kinda sucks.

crwa
02-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Kmodifiedracing has cf hoods for $260 plus shipping... Go to the marketplace section and go to the link for them at the top...

Brentm
02-02-2004, 11:38 PM
barder with the junkyard, chances are theyll go down in price.

Blue Impact
02-02-2004, 11:49 PM
For $75, installing the hood better make your car a little "faster" otherwise it's not worth it. :D I still think you can get a decent hood for less than that. I'd be willing to help find one for you here, but shipping would be a pain in the arse. Good luck with whatever you choose.

nswst8
02-03-2004, 05:35 AM
They want $35 bones for a hood, and another $35 for the trunk guess I better go and get these.
Barter with these morons. Tell them your down on your luck and need a break.
Hope this helps. LOL
NSWST8 :cheers:

Dennis
02-03-2004, 08:12 AM
Hope this helps. LOL
NSWST8 :cheers:

Why don't you just make that your signature?

Anyways, I paid like 200 for a hood, bumper, 2 fenders, headlight motors and some little stuff at our boneyard. :cool2:

HondaBoy
02-04-2004, 04:52 PM
oh, i didnt mention this is the dick head junkyard. lol. well thats what me and my friends call them, old dick head. anyway, every hood ive ever found was dented somewhere or was twisted somehow in the frame work. i think i will opt of the CF if i can find it considering i wanna go with a custom look. its taking some time but it will come along. i'll look for that link and see about getting the CF one.

HondaBoy
02-04-2004, 05:00 PM
i had seen people post this one up before. just found it on ebaymotors. is this a good one to order from? i always try to find the website that's on the picture, but it never comes up.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2457448531&category=33646
http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/op/optionoperator/.mids/Accord8689frvcopy.jpg

NXRacer
02-04-2004, 05:06 PM
ive heard those g3 hoods are OK, but not great.

HondaBoy
02-04-2004, 10:05 PM
considering it looks stock, i would say they could at least make it modified somehow. maybe a choice of molded hood scoops? they do offer color variations, the color comes from kevlar stuff. anyway, anyone bought from them? any good? cuz im about ready to make a move. probley will wait a few months to buy it though.