PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaning

Brentm
02-02-2004, 11:41 PM
What do you all use for cleaning the seats, carpets and plastic panels,
I just use armoral for anything plastic, and turtle wax carpet cleaner with the crazy bottle/brush combo thing to clean the seats and the carpets. They make turtle wax uppolstry cleaner, but I find its too weak, so I just use the carpet cleaner for everything.

k-roy
02-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Screw Armor all, its gay. Get some Meguiars vinyl+rubber shine.

For the interior cleaning I like to use dilluted Simple green.

SteveDX89
02-03-2004, 03:06 AM
All I use is a vacuum cleaner and Armor All wipes. Looks almost brand new when I'm done if it weren't for the damn cigarette burns from before I got the car and the rip in the seat.

HostileJava
02-03-2004, 05:06 AM
All I use is a vacuum cleaner and Armor All wipes. Looks almost brand new when I'm done if it weren't for the damn cigarette burns from before I got the car and the rip in the seat.

We just got one of those Bissel stain remover/upolstry cleaners and that works awsome on the seats. For leather and plastic I usually use baby wipes.

SteveDX89
02-03-2004, 06:49 AM
My mom has one of those bad boys. The interior on my parts car is in better shape as far as tears and burn so I'm gonna swap it out. It's pretty dirty so I'm gonna borrow her steam cleaner. I used that thing on the carpet in my apartment and the water was black. Those things are great.

RobT5580
02-03-2004, 09:37 AM
The bissel little green machine works wonders i steam clean my car usually 1-2 times a year typically and this is the best iv used so far. Other than that during the summer i clean my car every week inside out with the general armor all, clean windows etc

Mike89Accordcom
02-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Yep I have that little machine. It really gets those spots if you got them. Gotta keep the cars mint....

NXRacer
02-03-2004, 12:24 PM
i just wiped down the entire interior vinyl/plastic with a warm bleach/water combo and it worked wonders. After sitting for over a year, some mildew started to form in some places and that wiped it out. The bleach won't hurt anything (used about 2-3 Tbsp in a gallon of water) and it cleans any kind of residue off. I even used it on my windows. I had a film on the windows from smoking and stuff and it cleaned it right off.

One thing about armor all that i've noticed is that it tends to leave a film on the windows from when the heat hits it. It wont come off with regular window cleaner and the bleach water got my windows super duper clean.

Sabz5150
02-03-2004, 12:47 PM
What do you all use for cleaning the seats, carpets and plastic panels,
I just use armoral for anything plastic, and turtle wax carpet cleaner with the crazy bottle/brush combo thing to clean the seats and the carpets. They make turtle wax uppolstry cleaner, but I find its too weak, so I just use the carpet cleaner for everything.

I pull the seats and carpet out and take my steam cleaner to 'em. The vinyl I just give a good rub down with some cleaner/protector.

XxDark_AccordxX
02-03-2004, 06:42 PM
I wipe down the whole interior with armor all spray and rag and i think it works great. ive been using it for 3 years now and i dont have a crack anywhere and it keeps it looking good

Cyric_accord
02-03-2004, 07:44 PM
My car hasn't seen a good interior cleaning in soooo long :(

I use Armor All on the vinyl/plastic, Armor All glass cleaner on the windows(no streaks or anything), and Armor All Tire foam for the tires.... I have to go get my carpets professionally steamed this summer since I can't get out what looks like grease/oil stains... and yes, i get armor all cheap and it works well for me

Brentm
02-03-2004, 10:34 PM
my dads used armorall for years in his chevy pickup, and never had a problem, my roof is pretty gross, Stupid smokers before me, jeeze!!, this summer im going to end up taking my cars interior compltly apart and complety cleaning it.

MrBen
02-03-2004, 10:52 PM
I use this Turtle Wax spray on spot cleaner, it works great. For the dash I used Goof Off to strip off the film of nasty crap and then armor all on top of that for a clean and shiny dash. Goof Off on the steering wheel takes off sooo much dirt and oil. It's pretty gross.

Brentm
02-07-2004, 12:20 AM
is the goo off stuff u got a kinda thickish orange gel? how do you use it? Just put some onto a cloth and wipe everything down or what.

skull1441
02-07-2004, 02:01 PM
use spit, it cleans and make it shiny .. lol jk ... i have a steam cleaner but i never tried it in my car yet.. my carpet is like :jaw: dirty !!

MrBen
02-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Goof Off stuff is in a yellow container and is clear liquid and smells like paint thinner. It reeks but works good. Don't get it on any plastic or anything other than your dash or you will be sorry.

Put it on a cloth and wipe. If your dash is really dirty you'll need to go over it again, maybe even three times. Once worked for me and my dash looks almost like new.

dXsquared
02-07-2004, 06:17 PM
my best friends grandpa is a pro carpet cleaners.. has 2 vans and shit... anyway he has an upholstry cleaner that he uses for me.. FREE too.. then he has this cherry spray stuff.. he usues that after.. man the car smells nice after

Travis

cspeed
02-08-2004, 07:18 AM
lifter 1 spot and stain remover works wonders! i used to be an asst manager @ an autoparts store, during that time i tried a lot of stuff. this stuff worked the greatest. it got everything up (including motor oil).

brendan

SteveDX89
02-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Yeah, the roof is disgusting. Especially when it's vinyl and not cloth. I had to use 4 armor all wipes to clean it and they all were black when I was done.

Brentm
02-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Do those wipes work good?

Orion
02-08-2004, 11:18 PM
I wouldnt use Armor All on any piece of my car, my dad works for a company called AIS and they sell crap loads of different car additives, like fortron and wynns but better :D. I use AIS Glass Cleaner, Mag Wheel Cleaner and the Car wash and Wax stuff, and they have interior stuff that works wonders.

Armor All is the devil. The guy who had my car before me, used Armor All all over the interior and it looks shite, gives it a waxy gloss that looks so fake.

Chugs40s
05-24-2004, 10:55 PM
My car has been sittin for a while and there is some sick mold growing on the fabric, and it really wont come out of the seatbelts. any clever ideas to make my car decent again?