PDA

View Full Version : lowering comes with fustration...

blazin3gen
02-03-2004, 12:46 PM
god the only thing i hate about my car being lowered is that it moves side to side from the rear, thats the only thing that i hate, it dosent bounce too much actually a comfy ride the drop is great, but just that little shit from the rear even if i go over say a sewer it moves from side to side and it feels like shit, so my question to you guys is How do i fix this? Where can i get the parts? and how expensive is it gonna be to do it?

this thread may help alot of people with my probs as well thanks guys

Cyric_accord
02-03-2004, 01:08 PM
god the only thing i hate about my car being lowered is that it moves side to side from the rear, thats the only thing that i hate, it dosent bounce too much actually a comfy ride the drop is great, but just that little shit from the rear even if i go over say a sewer it moves from side to side and it feels like shit, so my question to you guys is How do i fix this? Where can i get the parts? and how expensive is it gonna be to do it?

this thread may help alot of people with my probs as well thanks guys

Have you tried the Suspension Techniques' Front&rear Anti-Sway bar? that may help reduce the body roll of your car... just a suggestion, I know the www.overboost.com store carries them :rolleyes:

blazin3gen
02-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Have you tried the Suspension Techniques' Front&rear Anti-Sway bar? that may help reduce the body roll of your car... just a suggestion, I know the www.overboost.com store carries them :rolleyes:

hmm let me look :)

blazin3gen
02-03-2004, 01:26 PM
so basically thats all i need to prevent that? if so damn i got some money to spend lol they go for a couple of bucks!

$mokenB'$
02-03-2004, 01:26 PM
nopi.com has them too

300700'88lx-i
02-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Did you have an alignment done on your car after you had it lowered? You won't be able to adjust the camber without a camber kit, as I'm sure you know, but if the toe is off in the back, it could be causing this to happen. Let me know if you find anything out, cause I have the same problem.

mattalica
02-03-2004, 02:05 PM
nopi.com has them too
First of all and most important NEVER EVER EVER order shit from NOPI unless they are the only ones who have what u need.They have fu**ed up every order I have ever placed w/ them!And PACHARGED ME TWICE FOR THE SAME PART!!!!I'll tell u about it at the west coast meet if I can make it.But to answer your ? suspension techniques sway bar set and some upper strut bars F/R should solve the prob if (like homie said)your allignment is right.The best price I've seen them is on planetperformance.com.They carry lots of shit for our cars at really good prices.Good luck w/ that and let me know if it works.

NXRacer
02-03-2004, 02:15 PM
i know what you're talking about blazin and sway bars won't help i dont think. When you hit a bump, the whole rear end will bounce side ways. My girls car does that too. I think it might be that the struts are now too firm for the lowering springs so they have more of a tendancy to bounce then they did before.

pearldrop
02-03-2004, 02:43 PM
It is most likely from the toe being off in the rear. The prelude will do that really bad if you drive it too low because the alignment is really far off.

Bloodlust
02-03-2004, 03:14 PM
This may sound like a really dumb question, and I know im going to get flamed for this, but is an anti-sway bar the same thing as a strut bar?

adams86lxi
02-03-2004, 03:43 PM
no :cool: :) :cheers:

NXRacer
02-03-2004, 03:48 PM
strut bars are attached to the top of the struts and the anti sway bars are connected to the lower part of the suspension.

adams86lxi
02-03-2004, 03:55 PM
BTW: here is the link for the anti-sway bars :cool:

http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=731

blazin3gen
02-03-2004, 05:10 PM
thank u guys for all the help so u guys think if i buy that rear sway bar my probs should go away? thanks for everybodys input looks like im buyin a sway bar!

86AccordLxi
02-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Probably not..what will help more is if you get an alignment (if you haven't already).

Alex

blazin3gen
02-03-2004, 07:19 PM
heh i cant my car is lowered is there a way i can go do it somewhere arrrrrrrrrr

300700'88lx-i
02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
I heard that there was a member on 3geez that was having trouble getting his lowered car aligned, but I know that almost any tire shop in my town will do an alignment on a car regardless of whether it's lowered. I'm sure if you ask around, there will be at least one shop that will do it for you. The only way to get the car properly aligned is to have it put up on an alignment rack. I'm almost convinced that it is the toe that is causing the swaying problem in your car, my car, and every other car that's having this problem. Since I don't have my car with me where I live, I haven't been able to adress the problem, but I'm going to have it aligned in a couple of weeks when i finish fixing all the suspension parts I broke while sliding into a curb. I don't think a sway-bar will help you with this problem.

blazin3gen
02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
sweet thanks yea i guess ill call around for that thanks for all the info guys hopefully this will fix it!

86AccordLxi
02-03-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm with 300700; I didn't have any problem finding a place to align my car in my town. I didn't even realize there were shops that wouldn't align lower cars. But definitely find some place to get that done becuase that will probably take care of the sway problem and your tires will thank you later.

Alex

Cyric_accord
02-03-2004, 07:54 PM
The shop I used to bring my car to, the owner won't allow any work done to my car by any of his techs... He refuses to work on cars that have been "modified"...

That's pretty funny, since my mods consist of a Weapon-R intake, and NGK wires&plugs... I should of gotten a picture of his face when I told him I did it myself

Blue Impact
02-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Damn Luis, stop trying to drift with your car. Just because it's lowered it doesn't mean it's driftable. :D If sway bars don't do then you might have to look into getting strut bars as well. Good luck.

Cyric_accord
02-03-2004, 09:53 PM
First of all and most important NEVER EVER EVER order shit from NOPI unless they are the only ones who have what u need.They have fu**ed up every order I have ever placed w/ them!And PACHARGED ME TWICE FOR THE SAME PART!!!!I'll tell u about it at the west coast meet if I can make it.But to answer your ? suspension techniques sway bar set and some upper strut bars F/R should solve the prob if (like homie said)your allignment is right.The best price I've seen them is on planetperformance.com.They carry lots of shit for our cars at really good prices.Good luck w/ that and let me know if it works.

Huh, I've never had a problem with Nopi... three orders with them, no extra charges, no shipping screw-ups, nothing.... bad on them for screwing up your order like that.

blazin3gen
02-03-2004, 09:55 PM
ok so i did some searchin and it seems i have toe-in dissease heh

like this
http://www.icarumba.com/images/shar/encyclopedia/8852MG18.gif

http://www.icarumba.com/includes/content/resourcecenter/encyclopedia/shar_resourcecenter_encyclopedia_suspsteer3.asp#ge ometry

BITESIZE
02-03-2004, 10:06 PM
If you lowered your car then this means your camber is facked up, which means an alignment won't work. You need a camber kit, an alignment, and new shocks/struts-because the stock ones will die.

300700'88lx-i
02-03-2004, 10:10 PM
No, Blazin's right. Look where the arrow is pointing. I would think that your wheels would have too much toe-out though, they wouldn't be pointing in like the pic. Toe-out is what makes the car handle like shit, more so than too much toe-in.

pearldrop
02-04-2004, 07:48 AM
When you lower a car you get toe-in. When the wheels are pointing in like that, they are fighting back and forth for traction, so when one wheel gets better traction than the other, you will feel the back end move a little bit. It is especially noticeable in rain, snow or in the ruts on the freeways. All that is needed is an alignment, and a camber kit won't make a difference with this problem, just the toe.

blazin3gen
02-04-2004, 11:04 AM
omg no one wants to do the alignment i went to 4 fuckan shops already ! :mad:

Vinny
02-04-2004, 11:10 AM
well quit goin and start callin. Why do ya think they give the Yellow Pages

blazin3gen
02-04-2004, 07:03 PM
well quit goin and start callin. Why do ya think they give the Yellow Pages

stfu! :D

i got it done yes it took em 2hrs about 3hrs to do it i got the rear aligned the front aligned and my tires rotated all for 50bucks! it was worth it so far i have driven it and its fixed!! i can no longer feel the sway of the back and forth motion thanks for the peeps that told me to get alignment u guys rule! :bow: