PDA

View Full Version : hepl cannot got fuel line off fuel filter

88vert
02-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Its cold as hell and I cannot get the one of the fuel lines off the fuel filter I already tried soaking with PB Blaster with no luck

k-roy
02-03-2004, 02:54 PM
In not sure how the LXi filter is.
If it has rubber lines you can just cut them and get new ones that go from the filter to the hardline.
Any parts store can give you a few feet of rubber for cheap. Be sure to get new clamps too.

88vert
02-03-2004, 02:56 PM
I got the 12mm one off its the odd shaped one i cannot budge.Its also the stock fuel filter with 170000 miles

shepherd79
02-03-2004, 03:10 PM
on EFI you can't cut the lines. the lines have high pressure fittings.

k-roy
02-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks Alex, I have minimal experience with fuel injection.

Have you tried a vise grip?

88vert
02-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Well i decided it stays on,way too cold to be messing with this and its my only transport untill I get my explorer back.

mattalica
02-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Allright dude I just did the same job earlier today.First before u do anything take off the gas cap to relieve any pressure in the system.Second there is no need to cut the lines your just making more work for yourself.Third get some wd-40 and spray it all over that bolt that looks like a cirlcle w/ the side cut off.the 12mm bolt does not need to be removed but it doesn't hurt either way.Let the wd-40 do it's thing for abbout 10-20 minutes.If your fuel filter is still in the holder get a good angle and just CRANK it!!If it is not still on the holder it is much easier to get a good angle on it but it will take both hands to do the job.One hand gets a good grip and the other turns the nut.This is how I did it and I smashed the shit out of my left pinky!OUCH!any way w/ alittle patienc and wd-40 it should come off no problem.Just remember to attach the in to in and out to out.Good luck!

k-roy
02-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Taking off the gas cap is a good idea to relieve pressure but I know a better way. Get a screwdriver and wrap a towel around it. Take the cap off the fuel rail and push it in with the driver to relieve the pressure. Be sure to wrap the towel around it good so it does not spray in your eyes.

nswst8
02-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Its a good thing that I have a Craftsman Professional series 175 PSI KICKA_S
compressor to spin that little B_T_H off. :cool2:
I racked my knuckles on those for the last time.
NSWST8 :cheers:

Chadroper
02-03-2004, 05:46 PM
have you tried holding a punch on it and hitting the punch with a hammer.

Cyric_accord
02-03-2004, 05:46 PM
I don't know what all of your guys problems are, When I replaced my injectors and had to relieve the fuel pressure, you just loosen the banjo bolt on the fuel filter and have a towel there to catch the fuel that will leak out

DBMaster
02-04-2004, 09:20 AM
First, remove the other line. It should come off eaiser as you can use a regular 17mm socket on it.

Then, take the filter out of the bracket. The filter itself has a hexagonal shaped area where the fuel line is bolted to it. You can grab that area with one wrench and put another wrench on the funny shaped nut you are talking about. That should do the trick.