PDA

View Full Version : resister mod

adams86lxi
02-03-2004, 05:03 PM
i know their is a way to make one of these. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42604&item=2457651517
I know a couple of people on this sight have done it! All i know is even if it gained like a horse power or 2 i would do it if the parts are really cheap. I know the resister they use is like 10 cents at radio shack but what kind? Also would you be able to connect it to a switch to turn it on and off? Thanks! :cool:

blazin3gen
02-03-2004, 05:08 PM
wtf is that? lol

adams86lxi
02-03-2004, 05:22 PM
i know it tricks the intake sensor somehow and makes your car think its not getting enough air and your sensor tells your ecu to suck more air in resulting in more power! I think thats how it works?

BTW: does anyone know wheir are intake sensor is?

nswst8
02-03-2004, 06:06 PM
What they are doing is tricking the ECU to believe that the air coming into the intake is colder than it actually is causing the ECU to (I believe to increase fuel) hopefully boosting HP.
And yes you can wire it to a switch for on/off fun.
I don't know what type of resistor it is but I'm sure a few of these guys on here would know.
Hope this helps, LOL
Phil :cheers:

Neuspeed87lx
02-03-2004, 07:19 PM
LOL people are buyin those for 5 bucks ! ! ! ! all it is ...is a resistor ! hahaha god ....i have hundreds of those things in my room ....i could be rich ... dont even bother you not gona gain anything .... at least he isnt charging like 5 bucks for shipping .... obvously for 37 cents he is just sticking it into an envolope and sending it....a friend of mine bought one of those and the guy charged him 2 bucks for shipping .... and it came in an envolope with a 37 cent stamp on it ..... i laughed at him

accordlxi2.0
02-03-2004, 08:44 PM
my friend did that,he was gonna put it on his mustang and he seen what it was and he was pissed.
he gave it to me for free and put it on i noticed a little difference esp. 'round 3,600- ^
but 20-30min's later my check light would come on.
don't but it . . . . . your better off advancing your timing and adding premium gas, you'll noticed more power than that thing.