PDA

View Full Version : Very Weird Idle Issue please help me

1988starter
02-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Ok here is the deal My car is fluctuating at idle from about 500-1000 when ever it is warm the IAC and fast Idle are new. It does this every day it is very annoying. Here is the weird part tho when I have my lights on it stays at a steady 800 and is much smoother. Any ideas

Blkblurr
02-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Does it do this when you are in neutral if you have an AT?

Blkblurr
02-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Have you messed with the idle adjusting screw? RPM's will drop when you put a load on the engine and that's what happens when you turn your headlights on. It may be out just enough that putting a small load on it smooths it out.

TINBOAT
02-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Had the same frustrating prob with mine....had to replace the fuel pump at the tank (the pickup screen was plugged)...I went thru 2 fuel filters, IAC, the whole bit...BTW, how is the top end power, ie; does it feel like it's starving at higher rpm ?

1988starter
02-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Had the same frustrating prob with mine....had to replace the fuel pump at the tank (the pickup screen was plugged)...I went thru 2 fuel filters, IAC, the whole bit...BTW, how is the top end power, ie; does it feel like it's starving at higher rpm ?

my top end is fine and I replaced my pump about a month ago it had the problem before and after

Have you messed with the idle adjusting screw? RPM's will drop when you put a load on the engine and that's what happens when you turn your headlights on. It may be out just enough that putting a small load on it smooths it out.

I have tried messing with the screw no help there

Blkblurr
02-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Did you adjust the idle screw after replacing the IAC and fast idle?

1988starter
02-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Did you adjust the idle screw after replacing the IAC and fast idle?

Yes I have played with them a bit.

Also today I think I figured out the problem Check engine light came on it was a error on the TPS so I wil pick up a new one

89 Accords Rock
02-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Mine does that also and ive narowed the problem to the voltage regulator!

1988starter
02-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Mine does that also and ive narowed the problem to the voltage regulator!
Well I fixed it It was my fuel regulator I put my stock one on and it was solved now to see why my ajustiable one failed