PDA

View Full Version : my steering wheel pulls 2 the right!!

86ACRDLX
02-03-2004, 06:02 PM
my steering wheel pulls 2 the right when i drive, i figure it could b bad alignment or bad tire inflation balance. however, the steering wheel also moves left to right while i drive like its being pulled to the right then back to the left, any advice on what it might be, or what to do?????????????

k-roy
02-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Take it to a shop and have an estimate done.
It is probably bad ball joints or tie rods.

86ACRDLX
02-03-2004, 06:09 PM
ill do that tomorrow then, it just started today but its real bad.

XxDark_AccordxX
02-03-2004, 06:25 PM
My accord used to pull to the right all the time. I went to check it out and ended up i had a huge air bubble in my right tire. It might be different in ur case but u should check it out

shepherd79
02-03-2004, 07:11 PM
there are many diff things that can cause this problem.
1. your rim is twisted. what i mean twisted, is when you drive it moves right to left and it looks like 8. let some one look straight at the tires when you drive towards them.
2. your tires out off balance. that can cause the shakes too.
3. your tie rods are bad. that can cause the shakes.
4. the wheel bearing is bad. that can cause huge pull to the side. i used to have that problem on my old car. the way to check is to raise the side, grab the wheel and move it side to side. if it moves you have bad wheel bearing or tie rod. let some one hold the tie rod connection and you move the tire, if the tie rod stays at the same place it is your wheel bearing.
5. check the tire pressure.

all this can cause a pull or some kind shake.

Cyric_accord
02-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Well does it pull hard to the right, or just sort of drift to the right.

If it's the hard right, then do the above actions. But if it just gently pulls right, most cars do that so in case you fall asleep at the wheel, it pulls you off the road instead of hitting other people... atleast that is what I have been told through out the years

MIK3
02-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Yeah. This is kind of my issue, but not as severe. My accord pulls to the left. I'm going to get a re-alignment. This could solve the issue for yourself as well if you are willing to pay the 50 bucks or something like that.