PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Rims and Tires?

zerotap
02-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey guys what kind of Rims and Tires should I look for for my 3rd generation Accord. Right now I got a mix match of tires but the passenger side front is a yokohama type 95 I believe which I bought at les schwab with and American Racing rim (only because my only alternative was to use the spare tube at the time and the Konig rim on front passenger side was cracked). Oh the rims are 17". This is not an immediate project for now but within next several months for sure after I get my supsension work done. Body and engine will be next couple of years as that will cost a lot more money and good suspension and handling is more important right now than speed. Speed will come later. The other three Rims are Konig Rims and are 17". Let me know what you think. Oh BTW it is lowered, sorry to not mention that earlier, my bad.

Justin86
02-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Well get the size rims that suite you best, looks or performance. Do you have a set of winter tire and wheels, if so get a high performance tire just for the fun summer driving, other wise get a set of all season that have good tread wear. It all depends on what you want to achomplish out of your wheels/tires.

NXRacer
02-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Khumo Supras are good all around tires. They handle really well, have long life, and handle bad conditions well.

Mike89Accordcom
02-04-2004, 07:40 PM
I'd get Yokohama, Toyo, BFgoodrich is good. For rims, stick with 16-17". Get Chrome or silver.

MattsAccord
02-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Khumo Supras are good all around tires. They handle really well, have long life, and handle bad conditions well.

I second that. :cheers: