PDA

View Full Version : ? about nitrous hookup for 3geez

usmc2004
02-04-2004, 10:03 AM
im gogin to buy the 05123NOS kit for my 87 lx-i and i was woundering what else i have to get changed or up grade to have the hook up in good preformance and working right please let me know ive done the search and cant find what im looking for, thank u very much

ryan :gun:

NXRacer
02-04-2004, 10:57 AM
our motors are pretty solid and dont need much upgrading for n2o as long as you're not planning on using a huge shot or something. Might think about upgrading your fuel pressure regulator. But thats about it. Unless you have a lot of miles on it you should be good to go.

is it a wet or dry kit?

turfnnsurf
02-04-2004, 11:37 AM
make sure you get new spark plugs with a colder rating. NGK BPR6ES will work well with N2O in the A20 block.

Justin86
02-04-2004, 03:42 PM
The cerial code dosen't help much, whos the maker, how much, and wet or dry, then we can really help you out more. :)

usmc2004
02-05-2004, 05:47 AM
i dont know if i sould run a wet or dry i can get either one. what is the best fot our a20a3 motor? the kit im looking at is made by NOS? i was thinking around a 45 or 50 shot i dont know if its to little or to much could u please let me know and what kind of fuel pressure regulater sould i get? so all im going to need is spark plugs and the kit thank yall so much for the help.

ryan

NXRacer
02-05-2004, 08:05 AM
you can get a FPR from cosmo racing (http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=96&pid=71) for about 90 bucks. You'll wanna get a wet kit. That is the only option. Dry kits are way too dangerous to use. You'll wanna get spark plugs that are suggested by the manufacturer.

I have the hookup on Nitrous Express kits if you want to go that way. NX is one of the best on the market and they're pretty fairly priced.

usmc2004
02-05-2004, 10:14 AM
nx racer yeah i def want the hook up on the wet kit then. can u tell me how much it would cost for the nx wet kit? thank u very much

3rdGAccordGuy247
02-06-2004, 09:36 AM
can u send that info by my way also

NXRacer
02-06-2004, 11:00 AM
i'll send you both prices when i get em from my dealer.

usmc2004
02-09-2004, 05:00 AM
ok thanks alot man

ryan

NXRacer
02-09-2004, 02:24 PM
ok, heres what i can get.

Nitrous Express EFI single jet kit. Available in shots up to 75hp with no tuning necessary. With everything needed to install plus purge accessories, bottle heater, pressure gauge, fuel switch and blow down fitting and all fittings, hoses, wiring, switches and diagrams for $886. That will include shipping if they have it in stock, otherwise, shipping will be extra for whatever they need to order.

I can also get the NX kit, accessories and purge kit separately.

soljaboy2000
02-09-2004, 02:46 PM
you can get a FPR from cosmo racing (http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=96&pid=71) for about 90 bucks. You'll wanna get a wet kit. That is the only option. Dry kits are way too dangerous to use. You'll wanna get spark plugs that are suggested by the manufacturer.

I have the hookup on Nitrous Express kits if you want to go that way. NX is one of the best on the market and they're pretty fairly priced.
Why is dry more dangerous?

NXRacer
02-09-2004, 02:52 PM
with the extra oxygen (n2o) coming in, it'll lean out your motor a lot and if you dont have really good fuel/spark management, you'll blow up your motor due to detonation. A wet kit injects a small amount of fuel along with the N2O so you dont lean out your motor. You can shoot up to 75hp with no mods to your motor with a wet kit.

Justin86
02-09-2004, 03:51 PM
yep wetter the better, but then to go higher then a 75 shot it gets a little spendy, doing the correct mods and tuning, along with the DPI kit.
more power to u! :D

Accordtheory
02-09-2004, 10:11 PM
You might want to consider some type of nitrous triggered ignition retard...or not and see what happens...

Elijah
02-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Again I have been running wet nx for awhile now and I'am very happy with it.I didnt buy my kit from NXracer but we have both been around awhile.And he knows what hes talking about.And he seems like a good guy to deal with.Nxracer u want to check out the price on a purge kit for me.P.M me I always forget to get back to threads.

Accordtheory
02-10-2004, 06:03 PM
If nothing happened, then good, I guess N20 can be easier on an engine than a turbo because of the cooling effects on the intake charge, but I knocked both ring lands off of one of my pistons with only like 5psi...I just retarded the distributor and hoped for the best, stupid, I should have known better. I have found approx 1.3deg/lb is enough to take out the knock, with 8 psi or less (w/o intercooling) Have fun with the nitrous, but don't try inhaling that shit like some of my friends