PDA

View Full Version : Somethings wrong!!!

ace12210
02-04-2004, 10:24 AM
This morning when I left for school, my engine was missing really bad. You know it would jerk now and then. When I would take off in first it felt like it wouldn't have any power. 2, 3, and 4 were fine besides the missing. Well I stoped at a red light and the idle went up a little then died. I couldn't get it started again. I had to use our truck and tow it back to my house. What the hell happened? :help:

NXRacer
02-04-2004, 11:00 AM
maybe your distributor went out?? I'd check your wires, spark plugs and distributor cap to see if there is anything faulty.

what happend when it died? Did it make any strange sounds when it died? If your spark plugs and stuff are fine, i'd check your timing belt and see if its ok too.

Blkblurr
02-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Sounds like one of your cylinders was not firing. Could be a bad wire or plug but I bet not. You would be able to restart it if if was. My guess is the distributor or coil. Could be a slipped timing belt. Check for a spark from your coil and check for fuel in your carb. This will help to narrow down what the problem is.

TINBOAT
02-04-2004, 12:30 PM
....sounds like a belt chewed a couple of teeth, then let go..pull the distributor cap off and have somebody spin the engine over, have a look see if the rotor is turning..

sure there's gas in it ???
got spark ???

ace12210
02-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Well last night I just went out there to see if it would start. It did but it had a super rough idle. I took the top of the breather off and my choke was closed shut and there is some kind of pump directly behind the carb that has fuel coming out of it evey time you hit the gas. What is that thing?

smufguy
02-05-2004, 03:30 PM
try cleaning up ur carb using a carb cleaner and see if the idle problem goes out. Its also might be due to a vaccum leak. Adjust ur throttle stop screw on the side of the carb and see how it idles after warm up. Also the black screw in the back of the carb. Check the screw on ur altitude air adjuster (AJR or something like that) the one with three thick vaccuum lines go to.

Try pming Andy (Phyeudex or something like that and Mike (A20A1) ) and they should be able to get you situated on it.