PDA

View Full Version : headlight conversion

shepherd79
07-06-2002, 01:22 PM
well,
As many of you know, headlight conversion has the problem with a moisture getting inside at least that is what i have on mine.
i was driving home last night, and from nothing my right headlight goes out. No low beam No high beam. well, i twas late. so i didn't bother to look for the problem.
this morning i found the problem. the moisture that was i my head light some how got on the bulb and it shattered inside.
So i had to go get another set of bulbs, $25. :mad:
after i cleaned them up and dried them good. no water at all. i sealed around the light and around the bulb. i putted on my car.
And a few hours later i found out that there is a moisture inside already. :wtf: :mad:
Guys any help on this. i don't know what to do. i am thinking going back to sealed beam. HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!
How can i get rid of this moisture?
May be it needs air to be circulated throught the housing?
HELP!!!!!!!!:crying:

Mike89Accordcom
07-06-2002, 09:49 PM
I remember a while back I got moisture in mine. I sealed it up with some very thin rubber and it solved the problem. I'd try a few more things before you go back to stock.

carotman
07-07-2002, 06:53 AM
do you have a city light in your kit?

shepherd79
07-07-2002, 03:37 PM
yeah i do,
but i sealed with silicon too. so i don't think the moisture is getting there.
well the driver side is getting better, but the passanger side is still the same and it is been like that all the time even when i had sealed beam.
i want to buy a new set of housing. what do you guys recomend.
thanks.

OldSchoolSwap
07-08-2002, 09:17 PM
This is gonna sound silly but hear me out on this one:
Take them out of your car, take the bulbs out of the sockets, cover the city light hole with your finger, put your mouth over the big hole where the H4's slide in, and blow air in them. Listen and feel with your other hand if there's any air leaking the housing.
Once you locate the air leakage, you can use either cylicone or any sealing compound that you may prefer. This should keep any moisture from entering the housing.

I was gonna try this on mine, but mine got so much water in one of them, that the chrome background fell off in several spots, so i'm forced to buy a new pair and I will do this before I install the new ones.

Good luck!

89cordlx
07-10-2002, 12:51 PM
make sure you put the bulbs in nice and tight and that that rubber surround is around the light and all.

OldSchoolSwap
07-13-2002, 02:02 PM
Well, i'm getting my new ones this week. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Its been raining like crazy down here, so it'll be in good testing enviorments.

shepherd79
07-13-2002, 07:23 PM
it is been cold around here, and moisture is going away for now. so i hope it will go away.

89cordlx
07-13-2002, 08:53 PM
while we're on the tpic of headlight conversions. you know that prelude headlight conversion, I am sure you've all seen it, does anyone know how much that might be? ballpark est. here.

shepherd79
07-14-2002, 05:50 AM
well i according to what the guy says, it is on picture forum, he did a lot of mods to the hood, he had to make custom headlight hanges and stuff like that.
if you know someone in bodyshop you may pull it off for under $500, but if don't know anyone, i would say may be $1000 at least.