PDA

View Full Version : Seven solid hours

Sabz5150
02-04-2004, 03:25 PM
That's how long it took me to install the new electrics for the audio. Completely independant electrical system. Comes straight off the battery to a decent sized noise filter, than splits into constant power and switched via relay for the ignition. All the grounds are in one place.

I had no idea what I was getting into, wiring everything, making harnesses, etc etc etc. BUT IT IS SO CLEAN! Not one drop of ignition or engine noise makes it through the stereo, even with my MSD ignition :) Hard as hell, but it really paid off.

I'll post some pics when I thaw out and chill.

Dallas&SarahsAccord
02-11-2004, 11:31 PM
I Love It! That sounds like you did a damn good job! Ive thought about the exact same thing but im not too keen on the time....

NXRacer
02-11-2004, 11:36 PM
how did you run the wires to the back? Did you go down the center or out along the door jams?

Sabz5150
02-12-2004, 12:50 PM
how did you run the wires to the back? Did you go down the center or out along the door jams?

The only wires heading to the back are the speaker wires for the subwoofer and the changer cable. The amp for the fronts and rears is in the glovebox and the subwoofer and center amps are under the passenger seat. Basically I ran those wires under the carpet near the jams like you said.