PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Noise :/

XxDark_AccordxX
02-04-2004, 04:54 PM
hey guys im not sure if im writing this is the right place but here goes.
Whenever i start my accord, and the engine is warmed up, it starts to make a constant sqeaking noise. Its not very loud, but loud enough to hear. Me and my friend lifted the hood and it seems to be coming from the mid right side of the engine near the belts. Im clueless on engine guys so i dont know if this is really bad or if its just nothing. Everyone tells me its nothing to worry about but i know its not supposed to be making that. What could it be? Cuz i dont wanna panick and bring it in if its no biggie. thanks guys.

NXRacer
02-04-2004, 04:56 PM
sounds like you have either a loose belt or an old one. Check the tension on your belts and see if any are loose. Should only be about 1/2" max play in them.

sccrsteve5
02-04-2004, 04:59 PM
yeah...it is really probable its your belt(s) check them all...

XxDark_AccordxX
02-04-2004, 05:29 PM
sounds like you have either a loose belt or an old one. Check the tension on your belts and see if any are loose. Should only be about 1/2" max play in them.
Yeah i just checked the belts and they're not loose. what else could it be?

sccrsteve5
02-04-2004, 05:42 PM
are you sure its not a rat in there stuck? :nuts: all kiddin aside. the only time my car ever squeaks is because of the belts

XxDark_AccordxX
02-04-2004, 05:43 PM
lol if only that was the problem

soljaboy2000
02-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Sometimes the belts just need to be lubed up. I bought some some belt dressing at an auto store mines doesn't squeak anymore

BMS
02-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Belts usually sqeak when the engine is cold...but I imagine that as they warm up they might expand, becoming looser. 95% chance it's a belt.

skull1441
02-04-2004, 08:24 PM
well first i would take that rat out lol jk..... usually belts squeek when their cold .... but his starts squeeking when its warm so it might not be his belts

dXsquared
02-04-2004, 08:25 PM
well... somthing you guys havent thought of was the ac compresor... it might be fucked up... i know my cavi's compressor is fucked so it makes squeeking noises.... get a screw driver and touch shit, then put it to your ear.. when you find what makes noise, thats your problem

Travis

k-roy
02-04-2004, 08:26 PM
I would just drop the $20 and get all new belts with a can of dressing.

87accordlxi
02-04-2004, 08:43 PM
With the car stationary, try turning the wheel while it's sqealing. Does it get louder or harder to turn? If it's not a belt, then perhaps it could be the PS pump or like Travis said, the AC compressor.

sporkHSP
02-04-2004, 09:36 PM
did you check the belts when they were warm or cold, the belts may be fine while cold, but when they expand may be too loose, my car squeaked and squeeled really bad after it got cold, i had gotten them replaced 2 weeks before, and they had streched and needed tightening... just my two cents, but hell whats another 2 cents when you got 6 grand under the hood of a $2000 car, and thats just to make the damn thing run!

XxDark_AccordxX
02-05-2004, 03:52 PM
well when the car is cold, u cant hear that noise cuz the engines loud but once it warms up or ive been driving it for a while and the idle is normal, you can hear it. im think maybe it is my AC compresser cuz i heard that it was installed wrong. i just didnt know it could make a sound like that when its off :/

XxDark_AccordxX
02-05-2004, 04:07 PM
With the car stationary, try turning the wheel while it's sqealing. Does it get louder or harder to turn? If it's not a belt, then perhaps it could be the PS pump or like Travis said, the AC compressor.
when i turn the wheel it doesnt make a difference. I dont have a radio in my car so when im driving im always hearing it when my windows are rolled down

lightbulblxi
02-05-2004, 05:55 PM
yea, try getting that ac compressor put on right, see what that does