PDA

View Full Version : just got new rubbers on

mykwikcoupe
02-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Yokohama prada spec-2 rubbers at that. I love these things. Great thread pattern. grip is really nice and fits the styling Im after. The cost wasnt half bad either. Id highly recommend them

RobT5580
02-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Hmm i hear they have some mild road noise from the tread pattern? My friend had them on his GS300 and didnt care much for them but mainly cause he doesnt like the ride of a low profile tire. My next tire im going to try to find some that have decent tread life. It seems most of them wear very fast and i know that has part to do with lowering a car but i didnt put that many miles on mine and they are going to need to be replaced this year for sure.

mykwikcoupe
02-04-2004, 07:27 PM
I didnt notice any louder than the t1s's that came off. Most of tire where is improper care if you ask me. If you mantain alignment and have them rotated often. they should last a long time. I have a 30k mile tire on the wifeys car with 70k on it now and they still have 1/2 lifew left. Also if your one to burn out often theyll have to be replaced often also. So far no complaints

RobT5580
02-05-2004, 06:44 AM
My Nittos are probably 75% worn and i maintain them and rotate them i had them on im guessing 20-30k miles tops. And thats on the automatic which is babied i just think they should last longer than they have. Perhaps i will look into better tires when i buy my next set of wheels cause i dont want to have to keep swapping tires because thats when your wheels get damaged most of the time.

Cyric_accord
02-05-2004, 08:46 AM
The Pirelli P7000 Supersports on my uncles 300zx lasted a good 3 years before he had them replaced and they gripped like a mofo