PDA

View Full Version : reaction to change in policy

marc49
07-06-2002, 04:26 PM
please post your questions and comments to the policy change..

87Hybrid
07-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Completely understandable!

I am planning on donating but I just havent has the extra funds yet.

Maydnaella
07-07-2002, 01:48 AM
Sounds good to me Marc, not because I've already donated but because I understand what it takes to run the site/forum. As our group expands new things will come into play.

RCracer
07-07-2002, 08:15 AM
That sounds ok to me Marc. I had guessed that the bandwidth issue would come up again and all I say is
"do whatever you need to do to keep the board up and running"

SteveDX89
07-07-2002, 10:28 AM
I don't have any extra money to spend to donate. It's not something I can help or fix right now. I'm in college and I work part time at 8 beans an hour. My car insurance is hellacious. It was cool when the only better thing about being a foundation member was you get to contribute to the special forum, got some free stuff, and the satisfaction of contributing. Now the poor folks who are barely able to make it are being penalized by not being able to post and attach pics and such. We are all able to share knowledge with others and sometimes pics are the best ways. What about all the little guys who contribute what they can to the board but are in no way financially able to contribute? I would love to contribute to the foundation but I can't do it. My pockets are very, very shallow.

Maydnaella
07-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Well, those non donating members can still link images from the outside no? Just no uploading/attaching?

SteveDX89
07-07-2002, 11:08 AM
I tried a fortunecity ftp site for my pics but I wasn't able to link to them in my posts. I must have been doing it wrong. Are there any free pic hosting sites out there?

GDGuy11B
07-07-2002, 12:25 PM
I use Club Photo

hondamanlxi
07-07-2002, 03:59 PM
i think u guys are taking the foundation money and gettin drunk off of it!!!!!!!!!:mad:

nah, just kiddin, sounds ok to me!:D

1989 DX R
07-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Once i get payed, i'll send a check.

marc49
07-07-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by SteveDX89
I don't have any extra money to spend to donate. It's not something I can help or fix right now. I'm in college and I work part time at 8 beans an hour. My car insurance is hellacious. It was cool when the only better thing about being a foundation member was you get to contribute to the special forum, got some free stuff, and the satisfaction of contributing. Now the poor folks who are barely able to make it are being penalized by not being able to post and attach pics and such. We are all able to share knowledge with others and sometimes pics are the best ways. What about all the little guys who contribute what they can to the board but are in no way financially able to contribute? I would love to contribute to the foundation but I can't do it. My pockets are very, very shallow.

I know it will be an inconvience for some, but it's better than having to pay to even look or post on this board. For the people who have been around before AF, it's probably not going to be as big of deal since we never had this ability until we moved over to AF and continued with the ability when I moved us over to our own board.

TeKKnoTeKK
07-08-2002, 11:26 AM
sounds aight to me....I just need to come up with some dough.

Jdub07
07-08-2002, 12:49 PM
whatever keeps our boat afloat. So Marc is there a way for foundation members to see the total of funds they have donated? Also foundation members that donated before the policy change don't need to meet the 1 year to life time requirement or does their past donations go toward that? Just wondering...I get confused. Also there is a check in the mail.

:bow: 3geez.com

SteveDX89
07-08-2002, 04:30 PM
I will definitely do the best I can do to donate but I can't make any promises. I love this board. Brings a tear to my eye. You guys are great.

MoonScryer
07-12-2002, 05:32 AM
I hate PayPal, which is why I haven't donated yet. Too lazy to get an MO :p

GDGuy11B
07-14-2002, 07:12 PM
well, for all of us that were here when we were on ezboard, let's not make this money issue as big a deal as the sept 11 fund thing. that was a big mess. lol.

Micah

ACCORD EX
07-17-2002, 08:36 AM
i think it's ok ! although i am not a member ( something i really want to be ! but it really costs too much to send money from egypt to US ! for a 15 $ contribution i'll pay 15 $ transfer !!!! which is something i can't afford right now ) ( college student ! )

anyway just don't make another change in the policy and charge people money to view or post messages ! if that happens we gonna lose some really good people ! :(

MIKE

A20A1
07-24-2002, 06:46 PM
I agree to the new policy...
Just waiting on confirmation that my moneyorder has reached our beloved Admin

89AccordLXI666
07-25-2002, 08:26 PM
:D Yeah Marc I think it's cool, I just found this stuff out just now.... I haven't been here 4 awile, have been buisy with my life... havent had the chance to go online, but I think it's great.... as soon as I get paid I will donate 10 bucks so I can post my pics... do we also get a 3 geez sticker, cuz I just read the thread, and If I'm right I think we get one?? I dunno but n e wayz I'm sending in a 10.00 check to ya soo, e-mail me with the info @ [email protected] Thanks :-) Peace out guy's, and lets do our best to keep our club running :-) :D

OldSchoolSwap
07-26-2002, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by marc49
please post your questions and comments to the policy change.. :confused: What are you people talking about?
I guess this is what I get for never reading "sticky notes" that always hang in the top. :stupid: