PDA

View Full Version : stickers and pipe tips???

86ACRDLX
02-04-2004, 08:34 PM
ok, i keep hearing about how you can add more horsepower to your car by the size and type of tips you have on your exhaust, and by the size and amount of stickers you put on your car. i dont what it how does it do that and what do they mean stickers???

k-roy
02-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Screw a regular exaughst tip, get a coffee can. It adds 40 horsepower
http://www.beaterz.com/reviews/0300/p49_mega_pipe/mega_pipe_back.jpg

And the whole theory behind stickers is the more the merrier. If you call up Edelbrock, Nitto, Neuspeed, NOS, and Enkei to order a catalog they will send you some free stickers.

Slap them all over your car. For every sticker you get and extra 1 horsepower, so you best bet is to get about 100.

pimp86LX
02-04-2004, 08:49 PM
HP = (surface area of sticker * number of stickers) + (diameter of tip) / weight of car

johnwc723
02-04-2004, 08:51 PM
i figure they make your car more "streamline" too, also NOS stickers are worth 5 hp at least

dXsquared
02-04-2004, 08:54 PM
the best color for boosting your HP and TQ is yellow... preferably a POWERED BY HONDA and TYPE R

Travis

86ACRDLX
02-04-2004, 09:06 PM
but how can stickers improve horsepower,, i dont get it??

BITESIZE
02-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Stickers add better aeordynamics.

Cyric_accord
02-04-2004, 09:58 PM
the best color for boosting your HP and TQ is yellow... preferably a POWERED BY HONDA and TYPE R

Travis

Don't forget the cross-platform decals, like the TRD (Toyota Racing Development), Nissan's GT-R, VTEC, VVTi, MVIC, GP Version R... etc... :cheers:

adams86lxi
02-04-2004, 10:03 PM
down load this and it will tell you exzactly how much horsepower you can get from a bigger exhaust tip and stickers http://www.ricecop.com/ricecopcalc.zip the link is also in my sig. :cool:

johnwc723
02-04-2004, 10:10 PM
a word of caution tho, flames acutally take off about 2hp per flame, so all those cars with flames on them its acutally bad for them!! (and ugly too)

i would suggest a NOS sticker (for 5hp) or possibly just add a blue H on the back, maybe one that glows for even better gains

blazin3gen
02-04-2004, 10:22 PM
lmao..........

thats all im gonna say

Blue Impact
02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
And the whole theory beching stickers is the more the merrier. If you call up Edelbrock, Nitto, Neuspeed, NOS, and Enkei to order a catalog they will send you some free stickers.

Slap them all over your car. For every sticker you get and extra 1 horsepower, so you best bet is to get about 100.

I recent slapped a yellow NEUSPEED sticker to the front of my Teg and I feel a difference in acceleration. I just got an Insane Clown Posse sticker that I'm still debating over where I should put it. The best mod anyone can have without worrying about emissions is probably stickers.

Blue Impact
02-04-2004, 11:11 PM
but how can stickers improve horsepower,, i dont get it??

The only way to know is to do it. Stickers increasing horsepower is a complicated matter. It can't be explained. You just have to try it out. You won't notice a sudden big change with just a few stickers. You have to slap a ton of stickers on your car to feel that difference.

Cyric_accord
02-04-2004, 11:16 PM
ok, i keep hearing about how you can add more horsepower to your car by the size and type of tips you have on your exhaust, and by the size and amount of stickers you put on your car. i dont what it how does it do that and what do they mean stickers???

Ok, I hate to do this... since it has been so much fun.... :cool:

We're making fun of you, I can't believe we've strung you along this far. Stickers cannot, I repeat, CANNOT increase engine performance since all stickers/decals do are 1. add weight to your car 2. Give Manufacturers free ad-space and 3. make your car look real :rice: unless you're tasteful on the stickers

And second of all, Exhaust tips alone welded onto your stock system canot increase horsepower either... you actually have to replace a component of the exhaust system, which you replace the Exhaust Manifold with a Header, the Catalytic Converter with a Hi-Flow Cat, Exhaust piping with a pipe size that flows exhaust gases better, and replace the muffler with a performance one.

This was good, I need a :beer:

pimp86LX
02-04-2004, 11:35 PM
yes we were stringing you alone, but it was totally called for. There is common sense and there is total newbism. heh heh How old are you man? seriously. Its just you dont sound like your old enough to drive yet.

Elijah
02-05-2004, 02:03 AM
I cant beleive I missed this.U guys r crule.I wish I was here.

johnwc723
02-05-2004, 12:56 PM
heh it was fun while it lasted! :)

lightbulblxi
02-05-2004, 01:13 PM
yeaq dammit! i wanna make fun of people!

Dopefish
02-07-2004, 08:17 PM
It just occurred to me how awesome it would be if someone made a sticker that said "This sticker gives me 5 more horsepower"

I would buy a few of those

Defiant[YD]
02-08-2004, 07:40 PM
hahahahahahaha, this thread is hilarious.
i don't recall anyone asking this question b4 on this board. lol something i expect from civic boards. hahaha

johnwc723
02-08-2004, 08:27 PM
yeah i think everyone has thought of the "this sticker adds hp" sticker never seen it done before, it would be kind of dumb heh and would only be funny if you were in the "car scene"

Cyric_accord
02-09-2004, 09:23 AM
yeaq dammit! i wanna make fun of people!

SOrry lightbulb, for some reason this new thing of mine called a conscious actually awoke and told me to tell him the truth.

NXRacer
02-09-2004, 12:10 PM
i feel sorry for the guy for actually not knowing if stickers will give you more HP. I could see how somebody who wasnt very techinical could maybe question whether or not a tip would give you more performance, but stickers? :rolleyes:

Bloodlust
02-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Yeah stickers really give you alot of extra HP. I noticed a huge difference when I put on my banner. Im thinking about taking if off, but then I would lose about 30 hp. Also, the Weapon R sticker on my short ram intake really makes it perform better. Type R stickers really increase your car's charisma. Type R floormats allow a more comfortable experience for your feet, and weigh approximately 1/2 killigram less than stock, therefore makes ur car lighter. Anymore questions about rice, just ask Uncle Ben. :D

PortugalFocus
02-10-2004, 04:25 PM
drop a 150 shot of NOS sticker on that bad boy and you can run 8s

johnwc723
02-10-2004, 10:30 PM
haha thats great portugal :) i dunno man banners are kinda like -5HP to me (like flames!) *dont like them*