PDA

View Full Version : Carb Question ?

zerotap
02-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Does Holley make carbs that fit our 3g accords ? When I put together my engine next year I would like to get a Holley carb for it. New they run around $400. Just not sure if they make em for our 3g accord's.

k-roy
02-04-2004, 10:42 PM
THe short answer is no.
The long answer is yes but it will you will have to have a custom adator made.

Your best option is a Weber 32/36 DGV carb.
Weber is to imports as what Holly is to Domestics

zerotap
02-04-2004, 10:52 PM
THe short answer is no.

Thanks I'll look into that.

zerotap
02-04-2004, 11:02 PM
THe short answer is no.

Post Script to my previous thread. Do these Carbs bolt right on with no adapting ? Also is the part number 22680.033B.

k-roy
02-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Im not sure of the part#.
If you do some digging around this site you can find it. Searching does wonders. I guarentee that there is more to this site than you think.

Yes you need an adaptor plate so it can fit on the manifold, weber makes it.
Also a good idea is to get a new fuel pump and a pressure regulator. If not the carb will be starved for fuel.
Before you do that you definitly need a header and a hi flow muffler, there is no sense in cramming in more fuel if the exaughst can not breathe it out.

zerotap
02-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Im not sure of the part#.
If you do some digging around this site you can find it. Searching does wonders. I guarentee that there is more to this site than you think.

Yes you need an adaptor plate so it can fit on the manifold, weber makes it.
Also a good idea is to get a new fuel pump and a pressure regulator. If not the carb will be starved for fuel.
Before you do that you definitly need a header and a hi flow muffler, there is no sense in cramming in more fuel if the exaughst can not breathe it out.

Thanks Kroy. I got a Hi-Flow Exhaust just gonna change the muffler to a dual one instead of the fart sounding one that's on there. Also any recomendations for who to check out for new fuel pumps and pressure regulators. I'll make sure to call weber when I am ready to buy the carb to make sure I get exactly what I need.

k-roy
02-05-2004, 12:30 AM
I would go with a Holly fuel pump and regulator.

shepherd79
02-05-2004, 05:27 AM
it is very easy to adapt Holley carb. you will have to do some fabrication with aluminum but it is very easy. i did that to my old car.

BenAthar
05-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I have a holly on my 3g. I am not sure if it is with an adapter, but I am having some issues with the idle. It's been several years since I have messed with a Holly on a 327 eng. but would like more info on tuning it though.