PDA

View Full Version : B16A Swap info

paynt3r
02-05-2004, 06:56 AM
So i see a fiew threads about what motors to swap, but has anyone documented the actual processess fo doing these swaps?

Specifically, I found a good B16A motor/trany with wireing harness and ECU at the right price. And I was wondering what it was going to take to put this motor into my 89' accord LX-i. I am not new to doing swaps, but I don't want to Jump into this one half-a$$ed. This is my daily driver, and I don't want it to be down too long. I had hoped that someone else out there had done this swap and documented the process and posted it in the "how to" section. Maybe if I get enough info from this thread to do the swap, I will document it and post a thread to the "how to" section.

Thanks,

k-roy
02-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Can I swap a B-series engine in my 3rd Gen?
(http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90)

I don't think there is a specific howto listed for it.
Place Racing (PRI) makes the kit.
You have an LXi, thats good. There is a conversion harness available. Also mounts, axles and shifter are part of what PRI offers
I did a lot of studying into it, before I got my Integra, and it seems like a pretty straitforeword process.
Just rip out the old, drop in the new and bolt it all in. I would go with a new fuel pump and pressure regulator. You might have to do a little custom exaughst work as well. Also make sure the B16 you get has a cable tranny, not hydrolic. Your car has a cable clutch and converting to hydro will just be another pain in the ass.
Just be aware that the swap kit is around a grand for everything, maybe a little more.

paynt3r
02-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the info and the link.

Doug

Nuffice
02-05-2004, 10:06 AM
I think that's because only a handful of ppl have probably done the swap. Looks to expensive.

clownz69
02-09-2004, 08:53 AM
ware can i fine the kit?
what are some links?
im thinking about doing this swap my self too. :help:

Can I swap a B-series engine in my 3rd Gen?
(http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90)

I don't think there is a specific howto listed for it.
Place Racing (PRI) makes the kit.
You have an LXi, thats good. There is a conversion harness available. Also mounts, axles and shifter are part of what PRI offers
I did a lot of studying into it, before I got my Integra, and it seems like a pretty straitforeword process.
Just rip out the old, drop in the new and bolt it all in. I would go with a new fuel pump and pressure regulator. You might have to do a little custom exaughst work as well. Also make sure the B16 you get has a cable tranny, not hydrolic. Your car has a cable clutch and converting to hydro will just be another pain in the ass.
Just be aware that the swap kit is around a grand for everything, maybe a little more.

pinoy3gaccord
06-26-2004, 11:16 AM
So i see a fiew threads about what motors to swap, but has anyone documented the actual processess fo doing these swaps?

Specifically, I found a good B16A motor/trany with wireing harness and ECU at the right price. And I was wondering what it was going to take to put this motor into my 89' accord LX-i. I am not new to doing swaps, but I don't want to Jump into this one half-a$$ed. This is my daily driver, and I don't want it to be down too long. I had hoped that someone else out there had done this swap and documented the process and posted it in the "how to" section. Maybe if I get enough info from this thread to do the swap, I will document it and post a thread to the "how to" section.

Thanks,

how much is the B16 your getting? did u already do the swap?