PDA

View Full Version : h22 engine

88shavedaccordlxi
02-05-2004, 05:21 PM
i was wondering if there was anybody that swapped a h22 engine in their car and was wondering how it is goin and runnin?

shepherd79
02-05-2004, 05:41 PM
one person did that, and it cost him a lot of money because everything was custom made.i haven't seen this person in a very long time.

lightbulblxi
02-05-2004, 05:49 PM
yea, i cant think of his name, but recently in accord pics i think, he had some pics of how it fit in the car.

Blue Impact
02-06-2004, 12:01 AM
You guys are talking about Jon, known here as "wickedaccord." I guess it's true that his Accord got wrecked that's why he got himself a Civic hatchback. If he's no longer on this board it'll kinda suck cuz I'll probably be the only Hmong person here, but that's another story. :D

86AccordLxi
02-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Wickedaccord, if I remember correctly, had a b18 or some other b-series motor, not an h22. As Alex said, there was one member who had done the swap, but all the motor mounts had to be custom made, as did much of the running gear (if i remember correctly). I'd say, don't waste your time trying to pull that swap off; either stick to the available swaps or get another car that will take the h22 (later gen civics or 5g accords).

Alex

Blue Impact
02-06-2004, 12:34 AM
It was Jon (wickedaccord) who had the H22. He had that before getting the B18C1 because it costed him a lot of money.

86AccordLxi
02-06-2004, 12:42 AM
Oh!! My bad...didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying!

Alex

blazin3gen
02-06-2004, 01:14 AM
It was Jon (wickedaccord) who had the H22. He had that before getting the B18C1 because it costed him a lot of money.

WickedAccord neved had an H22 in his Sedan. The guy with the H22 was from Canada and had a Hatchback. Wicked had a B18c1 Hybrid and now has a B16 in his Accord. But he NEVER HAD AN H22 in his car. if u don't believe me, check the pics of his swap.

Blue Impact
02-06-2004, 01:31 AM
WickedAccord neved had an H22 in his Sedan. The guy with the H22 was from Canada and had a Hatchback. Wicked had a B18c1 Hybrid and now has a B16 in his Accord. But he NEVER HAD AN H22 in his car. if u don't believe me, check the pics of his swap.

Wasn't Jon the only one to successfully drop an H22 into his car? And should you be going to bed, Luis? :D

k-roy
02-06-2004, 01:34 AM
I think the H22 guy got banned. Someone was talking shit and he went off on him.

86AccordLxi
02-06-2004, 01:43 AM

Ha, so I was right!! haha.

Alex

johndej
02-06-2004, 10:59 AM
yeah, i remember that guy w/ the h22 and yes, 86accordlxi you were right about wickedaccord (i remember his avitar saying B18baby or something). but to the original poster, if you really love your 3g then you can try it, but if you just want power then get another platform to start on (or just get a lude w/ one already in it).

Gregg86DX
02-06-2004, 11:12 AM
There was a guy in Spokane, WA putting one in. His name was rickspiff or something like that. Last I heard, he had it mounted and was working on the axles and wiring and other stuff. Dive down into the engine swaps forum and you'll find him.

Gregg

adams86lxi
02-06-2004, 05:00 PM
h22 in a 88 accord lx !!!!! :cool:

http://www.geocities.com/rick_spiff/car/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/rick_spiff/car/H22A_in_da_car.jpg

Hash_man_Se_i
02-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Ya, I remember that rick spiff guy.. what happened to him?

Some idiot who is in my mechanics class thinks there was a show on TV where some big company swapped an H22"b" in to an 87 accord. He seems to think that the H22a is the USDM version, and H22b is the JDM version, i dont even think the h22b exists.

But anyways, he is convinced that they did this on tv, but I call BS!... he thinks it isn't a hard swap... MORON!

But then again, he is also the genious who thinks Motorex will turn a skyline in to LHD for 90,000, and make it so it is legal in canada, which it could never be for 90,000. They would need to crash test about three of them.

And he also seems to think that his POS 87 Exi is soooo much faster than my 89 sei even though they are both auto, and both stock, fuckin tool.

Nuffice
02-06-2004, 07:00 PM

Some idiot who is in my mechanics class thinks there was a show on TV where some big company swapped an H22"b" in to an 87 accord. He seems to think that the H22a is the USDM version, and H22b is the JDM version, i dont even think the h22b exists.

But anyways, he is convinced that they did this on tv, but I call BS!... he thinks it isn't a hard swap... MORON!

But then again, he is also the genious who thinks Motorex will turn a skyline in to LHD for 90,000, and make it so it is legal in canada, which it could never be for 90,000. They would need to crash test about three of them.

And he also seems to think that his POS 87 Exi is soooo much faster than my 89 sei even though they are both auto, and both stock, fuckin tool.

There is a rare F22b (DOHC non-VTEC ), maybe he was talking about that? :tongue:

johndej
02-06-2004, 08:26 PM
hmmm since his EX-i started w/ 10less horsepower to begin w/.............

shepherd79
02-06-2004, 08:46 PM

there is no such a thing as H22B. if they had this on TV i would have seen it. i watch every car show.

You can't convert Skyline to LHD car because there are no dashes for LHD side. Skyline is stricly RHD car. it would have to be a lot of custom work to conver to LHD car. and it would cost a lot more than just $90K.
Plus Motorex can not sell Skyline in Canada, they don't have it tested there, and they are not going to. it says on their website.

Nuffice
02-06-2004, 10:40 PM
there is no such a thing as H22B. if they had this on TV i would have seen it. i watch every car show.

You can't convert Skyline to LHD car because there are no dashes for LHD side. Skyline is stricly RHD car. it would have to be a lot of custom work to conver to LHD car. and it would cost a lot more than just $90K.
Plus Motorex can not sell Skyline in Canada, they don't have it tested there, and they are not going to. it says on their website.

Actually LHD were made in limited quantaties.

shepherd79
02-07-2004, 06:00 AM
yes they did, but motorex will not change it to LHD. they don't think it is that important. driving RHD car is just driving like anyother car. it is weard for about and hour, but after that it is fine.

Hash_man_Se_i
02-07-2004, 03:56 PM
There is a rare F22b (DOHC non-VTEC ), maybe he was talking about that?

Nope, he is definately talkin about the H22... his brother has the F22b in his 4g accord.

Hahah, i know.... there are no part available to convert it to LHD anyways.

hmmm since his EX-i started w/ 10less horsepower to begin w/.............

So the 86 and 87s actually had less HP? i wasnt 100% sure on that one.

RED LXI
02-07-2004, 06:49 PM
:bandit: hey isn't the g35 and the skyline the same car without the engine, when I checked the infiniti site I remember seeing it available in 4 wheel drive. :burn: If this is try there must be LHD parts. If.............this is true

Hash_man_Se_i
02-11-2004, 06:03 PM
The G35 "IS" the skyline... in Japan, they now have the G35, but call it a skyline.

There is no LHD version of the real R32, R33, or R34 Skylines, those were not sold here in north america.

rick_spiff
05-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Oh you know, bouts of depression, two job changes, new baby....

Let the car sit for six months. Getting started on it, but it fuckin' rains every time I go to work on the damn thing!

The engine was purchased from SOKO, a little importer with offices in California and... oh, somewhere in the midwest. From them I bought a JDM Prelude from clip (92-95, and I think the car is specifically a '93, but I haven't run the engine's serial number). That sucker was indeed right hand drive... I have a picture of the dash around here somewhere.

So, for the record, I pretty much left the car to sit since August of last year. Right now I'm slowly working on fabbing up a new front crossmember to replace the one I fucked up (and let me install the Prelude's AC). Still pending is one new axle, a brake swap (trying to fit '95 Legend GS brakes on the front), a gas tank swap from an LXi, a clutch coverter, and that last bit of wiring.

Then I go to work on the interior... ;)

On the subject of H22 engines...

I know of the following, but there's like seven different versions... have to find that list.

First, the H22A went into the JDM Prelude starting in 92. 10.6 cr, 195 hp.
The H22A1 went into the USDM Prelude starting in the 92. 10.0 cr, 190 hp
The H22A4 was used in the USDM Prelude starting in 96. 10.4 cr, 200hp
There is an updated version of the H22A used in the JDM Prelude Type-S (not sure what year it was produced). 11.0 cr, 220hp
Then we have the Euro Accord Type R (1995-96?). Red valve cover, modified intake and head. 215hp
And lastly, the JDM Accord Type R Wagon (was it a type R? What year?). Blue valve cover... I think. Unknown horsepower.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN H22B!

I'm not online often, but... random question!

Q: What engine is in a stock 1997 Civic EX (2 door)?

I'm ranting again, aren't I?

Hash_man_Se_i
05-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Oooh... funny new lie from this guy at school... He told me today, that his cousin's friend, or something like that,.... brought his accord back from being tuned in japan. It's apparently a 3rd gen coupe, with an H22a, and its apparently RWD too.... HAHAHAHAHA what a stupid fuck,... i told him i would believe it when i see it... still waiting.

AccordEpicenter
05-21-2004, 06:36 AM
Q: What engine is in a stock 1997 Civic EX (2 door)?

I'm ranting again, aren't I?

D16Y8 and yes youre ranting

rick_spiff
05-25-2004, 09:53 PM
D series?

Just a technical note, but I was rather upset to find that the transmission on said Civic had a bunch of bolt holes on the front (towards the front of the car). The H22A transmission has no such nicely located bolting points, which has made mounting the cable/hydro converter basically a trial-and-error process.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

Elijah
05-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Rick are you always reading. I noticed that you never post. But you always seem to notice posts about people talking about your car. And for the answer to the ? You can see rick is one guy that has almost completed the swap. But yes there was one more guy in Canada that has completed it. I have not heard or seen anything about it in along time.

rick_spiff
05-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Really good timing I guess.

I have seen pics of the other car, and I'm not scared ;)

my86dx4dr
05-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Really good timing I guess.

I have seen pics of the other car, and I'm not scared ;)
Hey, if you can fit a damn h22 in the 3g, then i want an nsx motor in my 5g!!

and ya know i'd have to top ya and put an h23 turbo in my 3g!

hahaha, if i wanted to spend 10k on my 3g, then i might as well be shot...... cuz i know the car is!