PDA

View Full Version : other options for efi !

Sean
07-06-2002, 08:36 PM
a topic of thought has been brought up a few times. using a gm ecm in place of the honda ecm look to be a viable alternative to using the stock honda ecm. im still trying to get a good hard grip on the operation of the stock distributo. from what ive seen so far the stock honda distributor is kind of wacky. it uses mechanical advance and vacum advance. the vacum advance is computer controlled but does.t seem to offer enough retartd for turbo. but we will see.

PhydeauX
07-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Could try just eliminateing the ecu control off the timing. I believe it just applys vacuume to the advance when its cold to help with idling. It does this on the carb version via a tvsv, I wouldn't be surprised if they carried the idea over to the efi, or I could be way off. If anything you can just run a boost sensing timing retard box for a turbo setup, or try to make a dfi ecu work.

andy

Sean
07-06-2002, 09:43 PM
well the only reason i like the gm ecu is theres alot of them around and the source code has been hacked very throughly. you can tune it for just about nay engine. my thoughts are leaning to the honda ecu beeing ALL feul and no spark. gotta do more tests to see how correct this is. also i need a complete engine and ecu wiring diagram form the dealer i am going to try and scam one up soon as well as some very nessacary ecu data.