PDA

View Full Version : Help:the engine stalled after short start and can not restart!

wolfort
02-05-2004, 08:32 PM
:help:
On Tuesday afternoon, I started my 88 accord LX (carb, A20A1) to warm it (idle speed is about 1500) and prepaired to go shopping. But the engine stalled when the temperature just reached normal. Then I try to restart it, I failed. The sound of crank is OK, but it can not start, seems like there is no gas!! (in fact, there is full tank of gas and the fuel presure is OK). I tested battery, and its output is ok. I ask my roommate to jump, but also failed.

On Wednsday afternoon, the car can start and I am very happy. When the car is warm and I put gear from "P" to "R", the engine stalled again. Then I restarted the car, but it refused to start, the sound of crank is also OK. I check the distributor's cap and it's ok, so I think is not distributor's problem.

Today is Thursday, the car can start again this afternoon, but the engine stalled again when the car warmed up and can not restart. I ask my roommate to jump it again, but also failed. I started my car just now(10:00pm) and it runs good, the engine did not stall when the car is warm. But it is very cold in the night(about 5F), while in the afternoon it is about 20F.

I do not know the reason and I am afraid the engine will stall again. Please give me some advice on how to prevent this happen again.
Thanks very much!!

:cheers:

dysiu
02-05-2004, 09:04 PM
The solution is very easy... but... I forget what it was. Damm... I had one :beer: too much tonight. I'm sure there will be tons of replies with hundreds of solutions... :)

wolfort
02-05-2004, 10:19 PM
I am waiting for the replies,
Thx!

The solution is very easy... but... I forget what it was. Damm... I had one :beer: too much tonight. I'm sure there will be tons of replies with hundreds of solutions... :)

Blkblurr
02-06-2004, 05:00 AM
You say that your room mate jumps your car after it stalls. Does this mean it won't crank over after is stalls? If it does crank over why are you jumping it??

wolfort
02-06-2004, 08:31 AM
it can crank and the sound of crank is ok after engine stalls,
but it can not start whether jump or use its own battery.

You say that your room mate jumps your car after it stalls. Does this mean it won't crank over after is stalls? If it does crank over why are you jumping it??

Mac
02-06-2004, 08:44 AM
It could be alot of things. Doesn't sound like a battery or starter problem. More like a fuel or vacuum problem. Did you check the choke? Also check all the vacuum lines are connected and are in good shape. Another idea is the pcv valve. Just some ideas that will start to eliminate things.

accordlxi2.0
02-06-2004, 09:07 AM
could be the igniter when warmed up.

Blkblurr
02-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Check for ECU codes. You may have some. This should help narrow it down.

wolfort
02-06-2004, 11:46 AM
igniter seems include many parts.
What does the igniter include??

a friend told me it probably the honda's main-relay.
does igniter include main-relay??

could be the igniter when warmed up.

accordlxi2.0
02-06-2004, 04:07 PM
so you have efi?
first off it could be the main relay, some of us had these syptom's before but i have'nt yet (whew)
the igniter's is mounted on the outside of the dizzy.

cruznz
02-06-2004, 04:20 PM
hmm...he has carbed ....so possible fuel problem