PDA

View Full Version : koni struts: worth it or not?

seancornelis
02-05-2004, 11:03 PM
I've got a chance to buy a set (4) of Koni adjustable struts for $75. The price is absurdly good but would it even be worth it with stock springs? Car is also not a 3rd gen, by the way, it's an '85 and it's got softer springs than any 3rd gen.

88LXi68
02-05-2004, 11:15 PM
TAKE THEM AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! They are worth EVERY penny and more!

seancornelis
02-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Even with the stock springs though? Everything I've read lately has made me think I'm not gonna notice any difference without stiffer springs and that it may just shit up my ride quality, which isn't that great to begin with.

bobafett
02-05-2004, 11:48 PM
u could sell them for 300 on here if u buy them :)

86AccordLxi
02-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Buy them and sell 'em!!! People here would pay a good price for them.

Alex

edit: Dammit chris, you beat me to it!!

seancornelis
02-06-2004, 12:28 AM
If they were for a 3g Accord they'd probably be worth that much, but they're for a car that maybe 5 or 6 people in the world would be interested in purchasing performance struts for.

88LXi68
02-06-2004, 07:43 AM
The ride would not be sacraficed at all. The car would handle excellent. I say get them.

markmdz89hatch
02-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Even with the stock springs though? Everything I've read lately has made me think I'm not gonna notice any difference without stiffer springs and that it may just shit up my ride quality, which isn't that great to begin with.

I have all four Koni's on my car, and use to have performance springs. I ended up removing those springs and put the stock springs back on. The ride quality is improved 110% with the Koni's. It's a little more of a stiff ride, but you will deffinitly be very happy with them and the improvement over stock.

GET THEM!

seancornelis
02-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Ok sweet, thanks for the advice!

dXsquared
02-06-2004, 08:27 PM
guys... they are 2nd gen struts.. dont waste your money.. they wont fit

people go ape shit when the hear KONI... dont even read

Travis

markmdz89hatch
02-07-2004, 05:01 AM
guys... they are 2nd gen struts.. dont waste your money.. they wont fit

people go ape shit when the hear KONI... dont even read

Travis

Hold up Travis. What you just said makes no sense. He wants these for his car, he's got a 2G, the Koni's are for a 2G. He asked about the struts for his car, and if they would be worth it to install on his car. He already said he wasn't buying them to sell them, as they are 2G struts, not 3G.

Sean, really though. I want to stress to you that when you install these your car will have a performance feel to it. Yes, even though you're still using the stock springs. You will not absorb the bumps so gracefully, you'll feel them a little, not like a lowered car, but you'll still feel the difference. But what you gain (IMO) makes it all worth while. It really will feel like a different car.