PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Question?

rollinhnda88
02-06-2004, 05:21 AM
ok. On my alarm to hook up the instant trigger for the trunk i have to find the wire from the switch that turns on the light when i open the trunk that shows (-) when it is triggerd and hook it up to the (-)blue trigger wire coming out of the brain. But when i took my test light to it they both show (-) and the only way i could get it to show any volts was to put the (-) test lead into one side of the plug and the (+) lead into the other side and then i got 12.6 volts. Does anybody know how i have to wire that so that i get a (-) wire when it is triggerd or do i have to put any relays or anything in it?

catalin
02-06-2004, 11:41 PM
ok. On my alarm to hook up the instant trigger for the trunk i have to find the wire from the switch that turns on the light when i open the trunk that shows (-) when it is triggerd and hook it up to the (-)blue trigger wire coming out of the brain. But when i took my test light to it they both show (-) and the only way i could get it to show any volts was to put the (-) test lead into one side of the plug and the (+) lead into the other side and then i got 12.6 volts. Does anybody know how i have to wire that so that i get a (-) wire when it is triggerd or do i have to put any relays or anything in it?

Two things that may be happening.
One - you're not using the meter properly. Positive side of the meter should
go to constant 12v + while the negative probe would go to the suspect
wire that will show the ground.

Two - you're simply not testing the right wires. Should be a green/black for
most Hondas.

rollinhnda88
02-09-2004, 06:34 PM
ic, my dad said sumthing about it having an isolated ground but iono.... but is there a wire up in the kick panel that I could hook it up too. I thought i saw a thread about one being up there but i cant find it anymore. Im just wondering this stuff because i can walk right up to my trunk when my alarm is activated and open it but yeah if i make any vibration it will go off but i want a instant trigger for my trunk.. Here is what the installation guide says read this and tell me if you know were the wire is that i need to hook this up to and/or how to hook it up....

Blue: (-) Trunk/Hood Input (Instant Trigger)
1. Locate the vehicle’s trunk or hood pin switch that shows (-) ground when it is open.
2. Connect the alarm module to the vehicle hood or trunk switch wire.
3. If the vehicle does not have a hood switch, install an alarm pin switch and connect it to the
Blue wire.

I also wanna know if there is a relay that I have to hook up for the dome light supervision feature, or can i just hook the alarm wire up to the dome light wire and were is that wire at... like when i disarm it the dome light will stay on for 30 seconds.

Black/White: (-) 500mA Dome Light Output
Domelight will stay on for 30 sec. when disarmed or until ignition is ON.

If anybody could help me out on these few things i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Allan

catalin
02-09-2004, 10:15 PM
ic, my dad said sumthing about it having an isolated ground but iono.... but is there a wire up in the kick panel that I could hook it up too. I thought i saw a thread about one being up there but i cant find it anymore. Im just wondering this stuff because i can walk right up to my trunk when my alarm is activated and open it but yeah if i make any vibration it will go off but i want a instant trigger for my trunk.. Here is what the installation guide says read this and tell me if you know were the wire is that i need to hook this up to and/or how to hook it up....

Blue: (-) Trunk/Hood Input (Instant Trigger)
1. Locate the vehicle’s trunk or hood pin switch that shows (-) ground when it is open.
2. Connect the alarm module to the vehicle hood or trunk switch wire.
3. If the vehicle does not have a hood switch, install an alarm pin switch and connect it to the
Blue wire.

I also wanna know if there is a relay that I have to hook up for the dome light supervision feature, or can i just hook the alarm wire up to the dome light wire and were is that wire at... like when i disarm it the dome light will stay on for 30 seconds.

Black/White: (-) 500mA Dome Light Output
Domelight will stay on for 30 sec. when disarmed or until ignition is ON.

If anybody could help me out on these few things i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Allan

Sounds like you're installing a DEI product.... Viper maybe?? For the dome light you will need a relay because that output will only support up to 500ma, and the dome light will draw more than that.

Trigger is "TRUNK PIN green/black - under left side dash" .

rollinhnda88
02-10-2004, 03:54 AM
its made my Xtreme security..