PDA

View Full Version : Mystery car and a Sei

Hondastar
07-06-2002, 10:15 PM
I decided to go to the junkyard today, because everything was suppose to be half off on prices. Well I get down to U-Wrench it, and it wasn't half off. Anyway, I took this girl I want to get with and she was totally cool about going. I was like this is the coolest girl ever. Anyway, while I was there I found a Sei four door that was a total pos. So, then that really made my day, on top of the girl likeing to go with me. So, I bought an extra head rest and a factory moon roof visor. And I took the sei emblem of course and the bose emblems also, along with a seat handle. The car was in such sad condition, the leather was shreaded and it was rusted and keyed good. Someone had already took the amp, and it didn't have the bose cassette player. The armrest was tore up bad and it didn't even have a council for the cd player or cupholders, so they wern't there. And the steering wheel was warn off and not lettered anymore. Seeing that I already have 2 sets of all these items I didn't think I should buy them, because of their bad condition. ALSO why I was there I found a car 89 Accord that I had never seen before. It was a 2 door and basically looked like a lxi. But when I looked inside it had maroon leather, tore up of course but it was factory and it wasn't like my sei 2 door. It had little holes in the seat bottom and back but not around the edge. It also had a spoiler, somebody took it and the rims that they put on the Preludes. This was all factory, and wasn't custom. It seems like to me it was a option on the Lxi, but it was just the seats, rims, and spoiler that made it look different from the basic Lxi's. I have never seen leather other than grey and ivory in the 89 Accords. It totally blew my mind and somebody took the taillight that had the emblem on it so im thinking it is a Lxi or maybe a Exi. And it was made in Honda of America not Japan. I only 89 Accord I haven't seen was a Exi and I think they are basically a Lxi anyway. So write back and tell me what you think it is. It didn't have any options or leather door panels like my Sei.

Bobs89LXi
07-07-2002, 04:53 AM
It sounds like an LXi coupe that someone had modded with SEi parts, ie: leather seats, which he may have taken from an SEi. Did you happen to notice if it had discs or drums in the rear? If it was drums: modified LXi, unless of course he had swapped out those from an SEi as well.

accordlx
07-07-2002, 09:18 AM
I didnt know they made SE-i 4 doors. I thought that they were all coupes...

DBMaster
07-07-2002, 10:01 AM
Yes, they did make SEi four doors. I have seen some leather interiors on Hondas at the dealerships that were done at upholstery shops. If they are done right it is very hard to tell it from a factory job. I don't recall that color leather as being factory. I thought they only did tan. They also did not have that "perforated" paneling in the seats.

MoonScryer
07-07-2002, 01:06 PM
It's also very possible that is an Exclusive/Executive Accord. I have seen pics of them, and they have maroon interiors. Who knows..

Yeah, they do make 4 dr SEi's...I'm taking one apart :D