PDA

View Full Version : Newbee Pics here

paynt3r
02-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Hello, I have been visiting this site for info since about June, and finally decided to snap a fiew pics of the 3g for everyone to see.

I really need to break out the buffer and give the paint and wheels a good shine. But as you can see in the background, It is still the snowy season here in idaho.

As far as history of the car goes........ my wife bought it in 92' with 60,000 miles. In 95' she got rear-ended by a dodge truck and pushed into the ford truck in front of her. It just so happened that a friend of mine had an 86' accord that was almost an IDENTICAL matching car that he blew the motor and tranny in, at about the same time. So I bought his car for $300 and put the bumpers, hood, lights, left fender, trunk lid, and tail lights from his car on mine. I then put on an aluminum set of wheels (fairly cheap set), and gave the car a shiny new coat of paint. The paint is PPG base/clear in the origional color. I then added a bit of purple pearl to the clear just to give it a slight sparkle. I also did custom emblems, and matching pinstripe. The motor and trany are still origional, and as it sits right now, the odomoter turned 270,000 miles yesterday!

Hope you like the pics. I hope the weather clears up soon so that I can take some good pics and start a cardomain site.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=549194

For those of you who cant see the photos, try my new cardomain site.

http://members.cardomain.com/guardrail

NXRacer
02-06-2004, 11:57 AM
nice looking car. I really like that color.

Cyric_accord
02-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Nice, I like the rims too.. kind of fit the 3g

paynt3r
02-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks, I was trying to go for a slight custom look, but not draw too much attention to myself. I have also done the stereo system too. Pioneer middle-of-the-road deck, 6" Rockford fosgate woofers in the back (kind of small but sits in the stock speaker deck location and sounds good), and 2 way Rockford Fosgate Speakers in the front doors (behind the stock covers). It doesn't seem like much, but it will make the car shake when I want it to. With too young children, I really don't want to damage their ears, they can do that themselves when they become teenagers :rolleyes: . My big thing, is that i didn't want a totally tricked out car, and there was no way I could keep it totally stock. So I am pretty happy with my middle-of-the-road custom car. I think the fact that I have been driving it this way for the last 8 years goes to show it too. :cool2:

blazin3gen
02-06-2004, 12:52 PM
hey i had those rims before lol

your car looks sweet man i also love the color on it! keep us updated with more pics when u get em

88LXI
02-08-2004, 06:26 AM
were those pics taken off emerald? that spot looks familiar :) anywayz, nice car... i like the color as well... drop me a line sometime

SteveDX89
02-08-2004, 06:35 AM
I can't seem to zoom in the pics for some reason. I click the thumbnail and get a red x. Can someone post 'em up?

nswst8
02-08-2004, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I bought mine in 94 and never planned to keep, it just turned out that way. Just can't seem to part with such a reliable ride. Its real good to hear you have 270,000. I always bost about if I had to the minute run to Alaska today I'd take the Accord.
Now its turned into how long can I keep it. My neighbor offered me $3500 because he knows how well I maintain the ride. I keep telling him it would cost $8000 to find one as reliable.
Have a few mods that I will be making this summer, but nothing to loud.
But anyway welcome and the ride looks good.
Phil :cheers:

k-roy
02-08-2004, 06:49 AM
I can't seem to zoom in the pics for some reason. I click the thumbnail and get a red x. Can someone post 'em up?
http://www.villagephotos.com/image.asp?id_=7882458
http://www.villagephotos.com/image.asp?id_=7882459
http://www.villagephotos.com/image.asp?id_=7882469

I like the rims, what are they?

adams86lxi
02-08-2004, 08:36 AM
looks good man, keep up the good work! :cool:

SteveDX89
02-08-2004, 09:16 AM
:redx: I don't know what the dealy is. I can't see the facking pics. I'm now irritated.

BITESIZE
02-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Welcome, fellow Idahoan!!! Drop me and 88lxi a pm sometime. I think I was driving next to you on Eagle Road about 3 months ago! :cheers:

89cordlx
02-08-2004, 01:43 PM
thats the same color as my first car..... those were the days

Defiant[YD]
02-08-2004, 03:29 PM
i like it. IMO i just can't stand the 86-87 corner lights. heh too much amber for my taste.

paynt3r
02-09-2004, 05:14 AM
Yea, the pics were taken at the old Micron showroom off of emerald, just a few buildings down from where I work. The wheels are just an old set of American Racing wheels (I think 16" if I remember right). Let me tell you, they are showing the wear of being 7 years old. I really need to break out the buffer and polish them up.

My hopes of polishing up the car and takeing good pics to start a cardomain site got dashed when I woke up Saturday moring to 4" of fresh snow on the car. And out where I live that makes it a muuuuddddyyy mess!

As far as future mods, I really like the zenon body kits, I just dont know if it would work for me, I kind of live out in BFE! So, I might try and go back to a set of origional 89 bumpers. They just look better than the 86' IMHO. I would also like to add the stock 90' Prelude fin. I think that would give it just the right mild custom look. I am also planning to mod the tails. I am going to leave the corners the way they are, but I am going to take the center lights out and make a custom piece that takes their place. It will have a set of oval driving lights wired into my reverse light switch. I hate not being able to see behind me when backing at night. I will make sure and send pics when they are done. But right now most all my time and energy are going into working on my motorcycles, getting them ready for spring!

To those who can't see the pics, sorry, I will try and get a cardomain site up as soon as possible. :)

lightbulblxi
02-09-2004, 10:05 AM
nice man, clean car.

Busted_Blue
02-09-2004, 01:03 PM
love the color. I personaly think the all color with that color blue looks awkward, but then again, i've been looking at my same color blue one with black molding for 15 years now. Great to see a 3gee restored.