PDA

View Full Version : Auto Transmission fluid

Brentm
02-07-2004, 12:17 AM
I must be dumb or something but I cant find the container so that I can check the levels ect, please help

shepherd79
02-07-2004, 05:41 AM
there is no container. the dipstick located on the tranny. it is in the front of the tranny, in the middle.

Blkblurr
02-07-2004, 06:31 AM
The dipstick for checking the auto trans fluid level is on the front left side of the trans. if you are standing in front of your car looking at the engine. Look under the radiator hoses and power steering lines down at the trans just to the left of your exhaust manifold you will see an aluminum cap with a tab sticking out of the top. It is kind of hard to get to but this cap is the dipstick and it's on the top surface of the trans. I used a piece of steel tubing about in inch in diameter with a slot cut into it to fit over the tab in the cap to turn it because it's difficult to loosen. Once you get the cap loosened you should put it back and warm your trans up by driving it. When you come back you should check the trans fluid level within a minute of shutting your engine off and on a level surface. If you drain your old fluid and put new in it will take 3 us quarts of dextron III. Hope this helps

A20A1
02-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Here is a pic.

Blkblurr
02-09-2004, 02:19 PM
A picture's worth a thousand words

soljaboy2000
02-09-2004, 02:48 PM
....and make sure its not camouflaged with a lot of gunk like mines was :D:D