PDA

View Full Version : winter sucks

seancornelis
02-07-2004, 11:04 AM
In the last 3 weeks I got a massive crack in my windshield, had my muffler rust off, nailed a pothole, busted a tire and rim, got my front bumper and headlights knocked off by some idiot in the snow and had my brake master cylinder die on me. Just fucking awful. I've also had to nearly freeze to death messing with the carb to get this thing to run right at least once a week for the past month.

Anybody else having a shitty winter, car-wise?

i.c.
02-07-2004, 11:09 AM
lol....i'll be living on long island in a couple of years

shepherd79
02-07-2004, 12:22 PM
this is the first winter with EFi for me, and i am glad i did the change.
when i had Carb i had to retune it at least ones a week, but when i got all the vacuum lines removed, i never had to retune it again.

seancornelis
02-07-2004, 02:03 PM

Going to school here or just for the hell of it?

The roads suck, the traffic sucks, the taxes suck, the cops suck and the bars are shit. If you like jewish girls and pizza you're in for a treat though!

edit: and also - i just got my car back from the tire place and they couldn't get it aligned. At least it's a little better. Looks like I'm going to be replacing the tie rods and ball joints when they thaw out.

Neuspeed87lx
02-07-2004, 06:43 PM
i havent had any problems at all with my beater civic .... not one..... im much happier with the fuel injected civic than my carbed accord in the winter.... i do hate the winter very much though....i cant get out and work on my cars ...

BDaccordguy
02-07-2004, 07:31 PM
my car sux ass in the winter, the carbs choke pull off is not working properly but im not gonna fix it cuz im waiting for a weber that i will get as soon as i can, so needless to say my car will never idle below 2k rpms, and the things runs like shit before it warms up

MrBen
02-07-2004, 08:29 PM
My car has sucked this winter but it's just coincidence because it doesn't have to do with cold weather. Just this ongoing vibration and popping noises has made this winter a crappy one. Can't seem to find the problem.

jayp6969
02-08-2004, 07:35 AM
i got a carb and im in canada and i have no starting problems at all

bobsaccord
02-08-2004, 08:08 AM

long island winters arent bad, its just wen we get snow, we GET SNOW!! lol :bandit:

Bryan
02-08-2004, 11:15 AM
on the topic of Long Island, we used to have a house in Westhampton Beach right on the ocean....Then we sold it...arg.

erics86dx
02-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Shit you guys are crazy, not only do i not know how to tune my carb but ive never needed to it works perfect, and my patchwork to my car worked lol, but yeah i guess my car is to cool.......sucka's

Dopefish
02-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Ive got a carbed 88 lx, and found that it actually runs about ten times better in the winter than it does in the summer. I rebuilt the carb a couple of months back, and have not had a single starting problem since, from 100 degree weather this summer to -5 below zero the last few weeks

erics86dx
02-08-2004, 08:55 PM
thats cause in the winter you get a natural cold air intake yep its true, best time of the year for high perfomance lol, im just fuckin with you lol