PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Big Time

accordlxi2.0
02-08-2004, 07:50 PM
well i gotten better but come to find out my wiper stalk was broke, went to junker's got another got it on, but my hazard light's don't work?
it's strange before it would make a buzzing sound then start flashing, but the turn signal light's never did this.
now if the car is off when i go to turn the hazards on it won't work but while the swich is on, and i use the turn signal switch on left side left light's would flash, on right side , right side would flash, but if i turn the hadzard switch off, then they'll remain off.
the turn's work fine, it just the hazard are fucked...
HELP ME???

HondaBoy
02-08-2004, 08:25 PM
if i think this is what the problem is it may be that little sliding switch for the hazards. maybe go to junkyard and get one from another car. see if thats it because my switch is messed up and used to not work. i think mine just needs to be cleaned or something because there was a lot of dust got into there.

accordlxi2.0
02-08-2004, 08:28 PM
i check to see if there is continuity and there is but volt's is not going thru.
i'm guessing the relay?

TINBOAT
02-09-2004, 05:43 AM
..Sounds like a faulty flasher...but it is quite an odd problem...

Vinny
02-09-2004, 06:02 AM
if you changed out the combo switch and everything worked before you changed it take it back and get a new one. Keep it simple and start with the last thing you did before you had a problem before you start tearing things apart. If nothing else hook the old combo switch up wiring only and see if the hazzards work like they should just to eliminate the new switch

accordlxi2.0
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
i had replace the wiper stalk, the turn switch i left alone,

Blkblurr
02-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Something similar happened to my 89 accord. It turned out to be the slider switch for the emerg flashers. The turn signals go through the slider switch and when the contacts get dirty and sticky from the old lube honda puts on them the turn signals and e flashers don't work right. To fix them you need to take your steering wheel off to get to the combo switch block. Remove the screws on the back of the block on the side that the wiper control is on. You will now have access to the contacts that operate the turn signals and the e flashers. Clean the contacts using a hard eraser for ink pens or fine sand paper. Remove the sticky film and oxides on the copper and put it back together. Make sure you have the wiper control put in the correct position to work the switches correctly or you wipers will not shut off or turn on depending on how they were left. You can try them once you put the block back together and before you put it back on the column.

Hope this helps

accordlxi2.0
02-09-2004, 08:43 PM
i think something is missing from the switch

Blkblurr
02-10-2004, 04:24 AM
What do you mean? What's missing?

accordlxi2.0
02-10-2004, 03:13 PM
i mean there is only a small copper that's on the switch should'nt there be something else?