PDA

View Full Version : Window Dings

HondaBoy
02-08-2004, 08:37 PM
i was driving home from church and the road i was on wall all messed up from the rain a few weeks ago. lots of pot holes and loose pavement pieces. anyway, im drivin along and see that there are little rocks from the black top. so im staying back from the suburban in front of me and bam, this big pebble hits my window and makes a "star". that pissed me off pretty good. but i didnt let it bother me too much. after a while i went to Pepboy's and got a window repair kit because i knew this would get bigger. well i got it home and it cracked a little bit more. not too much so its good. i did the new ding first and it realy made it less visible. i decided to do the old one and now i can only see a dot where its pitted from the rock. hope the new ding wont get bigger. if it does i guess i will just have to live with it until i can get a new windshield. those dings are on the driver side so i realy hope they stay small. i took some pix that i will put up later on.

HondaBoy
02-10-2004, 09:29 PM
these are the pix i took before i fixed it. it got cloudy and i havent had any light to take good pix of this new ding and the old one i fixed. the new one hasnt cracked anymore so thats good.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_161_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_162_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_163_full.jpg

BITESIZE
02-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Get it fixed at a glass shop, or you'll regret it! You'll have a nice cracked window in no time.

BDaccordguy
02-10-2004, 10:06 PM
i got one of those on the passenger side of my window, but the crack has not progressed any. im not gonna do anything to it cuz i got a B-e-a-utiful 6 or 7 inch crack running right up from the bottom of my windsheild.. right in front of the steering wheels... good thing i ghetto lean.

HondaBoy
02-15-2004, 10:51 AM
i already fixed the ding my self. its done for good. so its already been filled in. it hasnt cracked anymore. it would be quite likely to do it right around now because its nice and cold. but since it hasnt, i'll wait around to get a new windshield that i was already planning to get. but considering its been fixed, i dont thing it will do any more cracking.

MrBen
02-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Yeah I just got a new windshield a couple months ago. Then a few days ago a big dump truck merged on the highway and showered about 5 cars with rocks. I was one of them. This one pebble had my name on it and smacked into my winshield pretty good. By the next day the crack progressed all the way accross the bottom of the window, up the driver's side, and vertically. I was pretty damn pissed. The crack went all the way through and made a hole in the windshield. The windshield is getting replaced tomorrow

MrBen
02-16-2004, 01:56 PM
I've been waiting around since 10am and the moron still hasn't showed up. ARGGG!

Defiant[YD]
02-16-2004, 03:34 PM
yah, fuking trucks. my accords windshield was ruined by a truch kicking up rocks everywhere. initially the size of a grain of sand, now my top part of the windshield is all cracked.

HondaBoy
02-16-2004, 04:06 PM
im po man. not really, but if my windshield had been cracked more, i would have just had to live with it. but considering i fixed it within 2 hours, thats what saved it. it didnt progress after i washed it yesterday, so thats a good sign.

MrBen
02-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Well it's finally fixed. I couldn't live with it the way it was... the crack was all the way through on my side-- annoying as a mofo.

Another 170 bucks. *sigh*

HondaBoy
02-17-2004, 08:46 PM
i keep waiting for it to crack more, and it doesnt. so i guess i fixed it right. if i do ever need a new wind shield, i can eithe get one pretty cheap from the junk yard or get my uncle to get me one. he works at a glass shop and told me that he can get stuff pretty cheap.

HostileJava
02-19-2004, 06:55 AM
I have one of those in my windshield never got any worse though so I have yet to bother having it looked at.