PDA

View Full Version : !questions about painting exteroir parts!

88accordalltheway
02-09-2004, 12:34 PM
I have a couple of questions about painting the moldings on the sides and bumpers, as well as painting the sidemarkers and eyelids(not the whold eyelid, just the part that is plastic). I have a dark grey LX and all the moldings are suppost to be dark grey, but i have noticed that they are a silverish/darkgrey faded look(looks like crap). I want to paint all of this black. I know i have to primer it first, but what kind fo black paint should i use?
Also, ive seen someone who painted their sidemarkers and eyelids and part of the minigrill a primer light grey color. I think it looks really cool and i also want know what color to use for that as well.thanks alot guys and hope to hear some tips asap cause i wanna do this stuff next weekend. :help: :)

NXRacer
02-09-2004, 12:45 PM
some people have used a paint called krylon fusion that is available at most paint stores (and even wal-mart). Not a lot of prep work is needed to paint the parts. Just look for an auto paint that will hold up on plastic (most kinds will). Clean the parts and lightly sand em so the primer and paint will hold and you're good to go.

88accordalltheway
02-13-2004, 01:20 AM
k thx man, you helped alot

BITESIZE
02-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Use black shoe polish, the paint will just flake off.

88accordalltheway
02-16-2004, 10:46 PM
i just painted my bumper and one side of the side moldings(cause im cheap and thats all the paint 20 bucks got me) it came out reallllllllllly nice :), practically peed my pants when i pulled the tape off. Im really hoping that it dosent peel, cause then im going to have to kill someone(hahajk). i hope to get some pics up when i finish the whold car in a couple of weeks. I also painted the mudflaps and they came out preety sexy as well. after i finish the moldings, im gunna paint the side markers and eyelids, but i need to get some new side markers lie the ones bitesize has right before the wheel. i just dont know where to get them and how much they are. if any one can plz tell em where to get theses. thx later guys

soljaboy2000
02-16-2004, 11:27 PM
Use black shoe polish, the paint will just flake off.
hey bitesizzle is there a particular black polish or any black polish will do. I used some bumper spray from th Wizzle Mizzle and it just flaked off like the leaves off of trees during the fall :D:D

BITESIZE
02-16-2004, 11:29 PM
Any black shoe polish should do.

soljaboy2000
02-16-2004, 11:33 PM
cool imma drop some on tha hoop ride then

HostileJava
02-17-2004, 05:58 AM
The Krylon should not flake off if applied right. It actually chemically bonds with plastic(it doesn't just coat it).

Blkblurr
02-17-2004, 07:32 AM
It actually melts the surface and bonds to it like PVC plumbng adhesive.