PDA

View Full Version : still can find pcv valve! (have a pic tho!)

johnwc723
02-09-2004, 02:31 PM
goddamn it im still not sure where the pesky pcv valve is, i took a picture of where i think it may be but i dont see anything that looks like it quite yet that can be accessed at all?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/pbbe12dc163afd8a3734059dcc66785f7/f9aa5d26.jpg

skull1441
02-09-2004, 02:52 PM
i might be wrong but i think its UNDER the intake manifold which is hard ass helll to get to

johnwc723
02-09-2004, 02:52 PM
never mind i figure it out i just pulled on that hose really really hard and it came out with the pcv valve which is rusted shut! (nice eh?) hopefully replaceing it will gimme a little better gas mileage!

admins: this pic might be nice ot be added to the FAQ section on PCV valves as it pretty much shows the pcv valve while the others do not

thanks

Michael Cote
02-10-2004, 01:12 PM
It's at the end of a short hose that loops just under front of air filter pan. If that's a factory PCV then it's actually a flap with a spring behind it so it won't rattle if shaken like the ball type. You can buy the ball type at any car parts place for $3.00-5.00 but a factory PCV from Honda will run you $20. range. If the flap is gone or the PCV leaks then it won't idle very good if at all and can burn a little more fuel but not that much more. You can sqeeze off the hose with vice-grips to try it but don' drive too long that way. As for gas milage. Fresh plugs, wires, cap & button, air filter and a little timing advance can help. Good luck, Mike