PDA

View Full Version : break in.

88BlackEXi
07-07-2002, 11:56 AM
well it looks like some moron tried to bust into my car by jamming a crowbar or something in the passenger handle, funny considering the car is covered in bondo on the wheel wells so i guess he wasnt planning on stealing the car, anyway the handle is fucked and considering the way my insurance works up here, the car might get written off :stupid: so yeah... there might be another one gone.... :crying:

TeKKnoTeKK
07-07-2002, 12:10 PM
damn bro...sorry to hear that, they would write off your car for a broken door handle? Damn...

RobT5580
07-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Hondas and Acuras are very easy to break into and thats what i have been noticing a lot. Mine was broken into the same way they take a screw driver and pry between the sheet metal and handle and flip the lever down to open the door. My only solution to stop that is to shave the door handles when i have it painted. I would have prefered they broke the window (much easier repair) than to mess up the door that bad. My new accord has an alarm, soon to have hood lock also with kill switch built into it plus the body mods if i decide to do it that way.

phatazzDX
07-08-2002, 02:58 AM
Why do people want to steal 3g's so much? They appear on several "top 10" most stolen lists all the time.

DBMaster
07-08-2002, 10:12 AM
On mine they did the pry bar thing and, failing at that, broke the window. they really wanted my $140 Aiwa CD player. i'll bet it might have had $25 resale value. They messed up the actuator rod so the outside handle wouldn't open the door. That is what took me the longest to fix.

My dash is still a little scarred around where the stereo mounts because they pried it out. Since I had the back strap on it they couldn't get it out completely, but the shell was buggered up and they took the faceplate. Now what the hell good will that do without the rest of the stereo? I think they were just feeling spiteful at that point. Heaven forbid I should make it hard to rip my dasboard apart!

I just don't understand the thieving mentality. It is especially disturbing because we are obviously not rich driving around in cars this old. In our office parking lot, which is in a nice area, my car is one of the oldest (one of the cleanest, BTW). We have tons of BMW's, Mercedes, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, and a couple of Porsche Boxters and a Crovette thrown in for good measure. And, they decided to break into the 89 Accord. Go figure.