PDA

View Full Version : Struts for my car.

zerotap
02-10-2004, 02:45 AM
Ok guys I am getting a bit confused on the struts thing. My car is lowered and has stock struts. I want to install different struts and need some info and help. First question; If I want to keep my car lowered will I need to revalve whatever struts I get or are there some struts out there I can buy and just have bolted on? Second question; Ther are so many different type of springs to get and I know springs for 90-93 integra will fit our 3gs I am just lost as to the best brands to get.
P.S. Well with my strut shopping going on I can get some struts off a another 3g accord but will I be able to keep the car lowered till I can find some new struts I want and put them in after driving oh 15k miles or so?
Thanks for the input guys.

SteveDX89
02-10-2004, 03:51 AM
You can run on stock struts for a few months. You'll want to get aftermarket as soon as you can. The only strut you can use without getting them revalved are Koni's. Since they are out of production, finding them will be extremely difficult. Your next bet is revalved Bilstein's. As far as springs, there are many different companies that are all good. Sprint, Suspension, Techniques, Neuspeed, Eibach, Intrax. Just get one that you think will suit you best. There's a sticky at the top of the forum that has each springs drop and % stiffer than stock. That number affects the ride, just get ones that look comfortable to you. How come you aren't using the springs you have now?