PDA

View Full Version : sponsors

88shavedaccordlxi
02-10-2004, 10:38 AM
hey everybody i was wondering if anybody on here has any sponsors. and if you do who are they?

bobafett
02-10-2004, 10:57 AM
my fiance ;)

NXRacer
02-10-2004, 11:02 AM
my business sponsers me......sadly that means i sponser myself....... :rolleyes:

Bloodlust
02-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah when I go to AA meetings I have a sponsor. He says Im making great progress ^hiccup^. :cheers:

crwa
02-10-2004, 11:22 AM
My sponsor is also where I work. If it wasn't for the constant support of them giving me my paychecks every other week I wouldn't be able to do the things I do to my car...

But honestly it is so hard to get a sponsor. Most have serious rules and guidelines, so basically you have to have a touring show car with several of the companys products already installed and in use. Plus you have to obligate to be in certain shows whenever and wherever the sponsor wants. They mainly want new more popular cars that are hot on the market- like a 350z, there all you see in advertisements now for companies.

Mainly if you want one you have to have a showcase of your car showing how it started and how it has progressed. Become active in the car show world and talk to companies, tell them about your car and what you've done to it and what you plan to do. They either offer their support through price reductions or free products or use your car for a prototype and give the new product to you for letting them use your
car. Just keep an eye out also, sometimes companies post cars they are looking for but you have to live in that area and have the requirements they are are looking for.

NXRacer
02-10-2004, 11:28 AM
the best way to get a 'sponsor' is to find a local shop that might exchange cheaper rates if you advirtize for them and promote their business.

lightbulblxi
02-10-2004, 11:33 AM
originally posted by NXRacer
my business sponsers me......sadly that means i sponser myself.......

as sad and funny as that is, that is sstill one more than me!

PortugalFocus
02-10-2004, 04:27 PM
My business is my sponsor also....... :(

Neuspeed87lx
02-10-2004, 06:30 PM
i wouldnt want a sponsor..... only mabey a small local buisness that will give you a discount if you put like stickers on your car ... but i wouldnt want a sponsor telling me that i have to go to certain shows and shit ....

crwa
02-10-2004, 06:39 PM
My friend had a shop sponsor him when he had his 00 civic si. He got parts at cost and then just had to put the stores decals on his windows...