PDA

View Full Version : Prelude Arm Conversion ?'s

jigga89SEi
02-10-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm in need of this conversion... After spending what seems like hours(dial-up) Researching the site about it.... I'm stiil confused... What exactly can be interchanged?... Upper or lower?... And the rear is out of question, yes?...
I have a bent driverside lower control arm in the front that needs replaced... I'm planning on fixing the whole front end including the conversion... If some one could clarify for me exactly what is need and all it would be great....

P.S. Please don't everyone start throwin in 2 cents...I just want the facts of what is needed and what needs to be done..maybe even how.... There are many,many,many post about this conversion...But everyone has something to say which makes it extremely confusing cause some people don't seem to know what there talkin about, and things get repeated over and over... With all those posts it just makes it confusing....

Thanx for the help.
Jade
AkA
Jigabu

SteveDX89
02-10-2004, 02:27 PM
You need upper control arms from a 84-87 Prelude. Buy new balljoints because the old ones are probably shot. Seperate the ball joint from the kunckle (don't let the knuckle hang, you'll damage your driveaxle), unbolt your control arm from the car inside the engine bay. Then you take off the bolt that holds run through the control arm holding the brackets. Use the Accord bolt on the Prelude arms and space the brackets out with washers. I believe it's a 1/4" space you need to fill up. Then put everything back together.

jigga89SEi
02-10-2004, 02:46 PM
So I'll need to get accord lowers.... Cool thanx for the help ...That actually clarafied it rather well for me... Even though thats the same shit I read... This directly answered MY question though.... So now I feel ok.... Thanx again...

P.S.... Wouldn't know where to find a diagram would you?

SteveDX89
02-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Yes, you must use Accord lower arms. What diagram are you looking for?