PDA

View Full Version : A good how too book on A18 to A20 engines ?

zerotap
02-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Hey guys just wondering if there is a good how to rebuild A18 to A20 block engines out there? I know the basics about engines and want to learn more by putting together my own engine next year. I will have three people I can goto to grade my work and give me tips, one is a certified toyota mechanic (my uncle), the other two are good all around mechanics ( my buddy and my brother in law). What I need is something that gives me the info I need in plain english as well as a section in mechanic talk. I can buy the book from Amazon but just not sure what I should run a search on and I know you guys have put in a lot of hours into research and tinkering so I am sure you know of some good books for me, thanks.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-10-2004, 03:41 PM
A Chiltons manual or Haynes manual for your car will show. I have Chiltons, Haynes, and Honda's Service Manual.

NXRacer
02-10-2004, 03:44 PM
HAYNES SUCKS ASS. If at all possible, get a honda service manual. You can find em on ebay for about 40 bucks and that will be the best investment you've made. I have a haynes and they don't tell you shit. I believe chiltons is the same way as most people say get haynes over chiltons and haynes sucks.

Cyric_accord
02-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Haynes is good if all you have to do is just service your car and do nothing major, I use my new Honda Service Manual for all the big work since it's much much more detailed