PDA

View Full Version : Throttlebody Swap

carotman
02-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Did anyone try to swap a throttlebody from another Honda to our intake manifold.

I just thought that my B20A could use a larger Throttlebody :)

Sabz5150
02-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Did anyone try to swap a throttlebody from another Honda to our intake manifold.

I just thought that my B20A could use a larger Throttlebody :)

Yeah... the first gen Integra TB will swap. But they're the same size so you're still stuck.

rjudgey
02-11-2004, 03:32 AM
yep looks like you'll have to do it the hard way! try using countersunk screws on spindle and then grind ends flat and or even cuttin half of spindle off that will help a little too! i did that with my webers loads more flow! but really your gonna need a new 60mm butterfly and bore it out i think an MGF late model TB uses 60mm plate might be able to adapt or anything else that has a 60mm plate then all u have to do is get it bored out! also knife edge the outside intakw that joins the intake tubing this will help smooth the flow inwards!

1988starter
02-11-2004, 04:29 AM
I tried a b16 civic one had to drill the holes on the sides bigger and port match the inside but I could not get the nuts on I was going to eventually try to use allen head screws but never got around to it altho I did get it onto the stock manifold. BTW the big problem was it drove my map sensor insain so I tried to use a newer one no luck there.

88LXi68
02-11-2004, 07:56 AM
I tried a b16 civic one had to drill the holes on the sides bigger and port match the inside but I could not get the nuts on I was going to eventually try to use allen head screws but never got around to it altho I did get it onto the stock manifold. BTW the big problem was it drove my map sensor insain so I tried to use a newer one no luck there.

I have the wire colors and where they go if you want to use the newer style one. I cut the plug on my old A20 sensor and then matched the wires to what they would be on the new one. FYI, dont just line up the wires, they are different.

3rd GEN
02-11-2004, 08:53 AM
i bored mine out on my se-i.. very easy to do actually..just bore out botyh sides of the butterfly, you don't need a new butterfly..
and i got very noticeable gains from mine!
after i bored mine, i took my car for a run and beat a 01'+ Celica GT.muhahaha

1988starter
02-11-2004, 09:59 AM
I have the wire colors and where they go if you want to use the newer style one. I cut the plug on my old A20 sensor and then matched the wires to what they would be on the new one. FYI, dont just line up the wires, they are different.

yea man what are the colors.

88LXi68
02-11-2004, 10:26 AM
yea man what are the colors.

I am up at school now, but I am heading home Friday and can get you exactly what you need, but here is what the newer style one is. This was taken from Hondata.com

Newer style:
GND A Green/White
MAP signal B White
5V C Yellow/Red

If I remember correctly, the Green/White are the same, red/white Accord goes to White on new style, BUT I HAVE TO DOUBLE CHECK.

PhydeauX
02-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Dig for some of the more recent pics of johny o's car from the fall. He managed a (if I remember right it was a 75mm) mustang tb onto a b16a manifold and then later fitted it to an aftermarket one. Get some aluminum stock and a dremel and you can put just about anything you want on there.

andy

riced_roach
02-16-2004, 08:21 PM
putting a larger throttle body is meaningless unless you can manage your fuel properly. Having a bigger throttle body without the means to compensate for more air will introduce flat spots or undesireable results. Predetermined map sensors are premapped for assumes bore and stroke and head flows. non matching components wont make it run any faster. Even a tired engine with worn out rings may effect vacuum signals to the map.