PDA

View Full Version : Paint Questions

Skaboy6t9
07-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey whats happenin i was just wondering if anyone has touched up the green 89' Se-i color. I want to paint over my corners and am wondering what type of duplicolor id need. Thanks

Cam

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Jims 86LXI HB
07-07-2002, 10:08 PM
This is a heads up reply. I don't have the green color your talking about. I've got grey. But I tried to match the paint just like your thinking. I wanted to see how my car would look if I painted my plastic headlight eye brow's to match. I pulled one off a car at the junkyard. I used the duplicolor that matched my paint code. All through the process I kept on checking to see that the paint was going to match, even when I'd put several coats of clear it sure looked to me like it was a match. It wasn't untill I physically mounted the part over the headlight, did I notice that it did not match, it was off enough that I put the old unpainted part back onto the car. Morale of the story is I recommend that you pickup a spare part to check and see it it does match. I figure that my paint faded over time and that's why it didn't match. And that's even after knowing my car was garage kept most of its life.
That's just my 2 cents.