PDA

View Full Version : New Wesbsite some of you may be interested in.

zerotap
02-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Hey guys I wrote an email to Koni USA to see if I could find some struts for my car, but alas no luck :help: Anyway, a Gordon Benson at [email protected] was kind enough to reply to me. He gave me a website www.classicgarage.com because he said they may have some older Koni's on their shelf, well they did but not for my year unless 2g Koni struts will work on 3g accords. They have some Koni's for 1g, 2g, and 4g accords if anyone is interested and at a real good price. Also some other interesting stuff. Hope this helps some of you out.

lightbulblxi
02-11-2004, 12:35 PM
cool, i hope they work. i might get some if they do.

NXRacer
02-11-2004, 12:37 PM
im guessing they wouldnt easily (if at all) work. Have you ever seen the strut/spring setup for 2g's? They have HUGE springs (like 6-8" diameter) so the spring seat is a lot bigger then the ones on the 3g's.

SteveDX89
02-11-2004, 12:38 PM
2g struts won't work. They have a MacPherson strut front suspension where ours are independent.

AZmike
02-11-2004, 04:33 PM
2g struts won't work. They have a MacPherson strut front suspension where ours are independent.

Macpherson strut suspension is independent.

Read my reply here:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=29946

The only really important difference between Macpherson strut and upper and lower A arms is the presence of the upper control arm.

SteveDX89
02-11-2004, 07:13 PM
I got my terminology mixed up. The steering knuckle on 2g is bolted to the strut so the knuckle is supported by the strut. The knuckle on the 3g is supported by the upper and lower control arms.

Orion
02-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Dam, i wish they were aussie coz d by a pair for my 2nd gen in a second. Shizen.

zerotap
02-14-2004, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the input guys. BTW I emailed classicgarage and they said they have one last pair of koni's left as of 2/12/04, not sure if they are stilla available. Prices is $429 plus shipping and handling. If I had the cash I'd get them right away but I found some stock OEM's I'm gonna get for now and then save for some Acura 90-93 struts. I am going with stock rear height and just lower the front end an inch from stock height. Later.

shepherd79
02-14-2004, 06:12 AM
this is diff. http://www.classicgarage.com/classicgarage/86-2216.html
it is strut cartridge. you cut the top of your original strut, remove all the internal parts. slide this cartridge inside and bolt it in. i don't know how diff 2gen and 3gen struts, but this it may just work.
if this would work, imagine how much cheaper it will be.

zerotap
02-16-2004, 04:29 AM
Thanks for that info. I'm going with some monroe matic plus struts. Still shopping for some springs, I heard that if I buy aftermarket springs that'll they will automatically lower the car, so now I gotta find out what is up with that. If that is the case I can get stock springs from a yard for $100 with stock struts.