PDA

View Full Version : Prelude upper arm bushings

SteveDX89
02-12-2004, 10:18 AM
I have the Prelude arms on my car and I think my bushings are shot. I'm gonna take care of it when I do my suspension work. My question is do you just replace the bushings or do you replace all the other seals and shit like the Accord arms? Where can I find the whole kit if I need it?

Vinny
02-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Beck Arnyey makes a kit. It should work on both the prelude arms and the accord arms.The Beck/Arnley part number is 101-4168. The kit includes the upper arm collar, upper arm nut and bolt, upper arm bushing, upper arm bushing seal, housing seal, and the anchor bolt seals. Price is about 45-50 bucks. That part number will cross at parts america and advance auto I don't think autozne lists it but they may be able to get it (I hate autozoned BTW) Heres a link off AdvanceAuto/Parts America's site Beck/Arnley 1014168 (http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=BAR&MfrPartNumber=1014168)

SteveDX89
02-12-2004, 11:45 AM
The Prelude arms are narrower so won't the collar stick out too far?

Edit - I'm not seeing the that part listed with the Prelude.

Vinny
08-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Just to update the info here. The beck/arnley kit is listed under 86-89 accord and can be used with the prelude arms as stated in the updated how to

SteveDX89
08-12-2004, 08:19 AM
You'll have to enlarge the hole in the "caps" to fit the rod through. That's if you use the rod that the rebuild kit came with. I guess you could reuse the Prelude one but I was dumb at the time and didnt.