PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Relay Upgrade info

Luis 89LXi
02-12-2004, 08:11 PM
I found a cool site whit good information about ligthing, this include the how to for Headligth Upgrade.

I want to do the relay upgrade just as soon as i have some time and finish reading and undestand the full article, it have a friendly print pdf version too.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

Luis

shepherd79
02-13-2004, 04:14 AM
i don't see why you need relays for headlights. i ran my H4 headlights for almost 2 years, and i have no problems.

nswst8
02-13-2004, 06:33 AM
But anyway, there is suppose to be a way to pump out more lumens with a modified wiring harness for our stock lamps.
Someone on the site was suppose to be putting one together.
Hope this helps. LOL
Phil :cheers:

shepherd79
02-13-2004, 10:02 AM
what is the point. stock wirring has relays build in. adding another set of relays won't help, i may be wrong on that one but untill i see some results i will stick with my opinion.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Yeah damit who was that bastard that was supposed to make those headlight relays? Oh crap that was me... Shepherd are cars don't have relays already built in b/c I didn't see any on the master wiring diagram which my instructor looked over. I know I'm a fricken lazy bastard, but I got a lot of crap going on still and I hope to get my sh*t together and just do them one day like with my intakes. I already have all of my instructions drawn up for our cars on how to install them. I have all the stuff I just need to get them from school and work on them sometime. Ok Tuesday I have another test at school so possibly tuesday I can install them b/c we'll have the test and we can either hang out or go home. I will someday get these installed and sell them on here.

nswst8
02-13-2004, 11:49 AM
How about tuesday. Okay Tuesday, you know the day after Monday.
If you need some help with these post them and we'll help. Don't leave us hangin around like freakin kids at a candy store. This is so unKool.
Hope this helps, LOL
Phil :cheers:

Luis 89LXi
02-13-2004, 12:30 PM
I just was searchin about Mike's89AccordLX headlamp idea, about the headlamps didn't have the full 12V from the factory wiring.

so you need to use the volage from the alternator to get more voltage for the headlamps to be brigthen using aftermarket wiring, i understand the factory wiring cannot handle higth voltage from the headlamp switch to the ligths.

Well this is link is just for information for those who want to know about upgrading your headlamps.

Luis

Mike's89AccordLX
02-13-2004, 01:01 PM
You don't need to have the wires coming from the alternator believe me. And I'm using 12 gauge wires for everything that will be in my kits. That is good enough anything bigger would be overkill. And why would you have to have new wires to the switch? That doesn't make any sense to me. The headlight relays I will be offering is an upgrade to your headlamps as well. But I can tell you this, they will be about half the price you can get for anything comparable to it. If you don't think my headlight relays will improve your headlamps then I think you should contact my auto mechanic instructor. He's an ASE Certified Masters Mechanic and he is one of the best automotive electrical technician around. That's enough information for me to believe he knows his stuff.

He also told me how to draw the wiring setup for the 3geez (including all of the factory wire colors) The people that buy my kits will have some easy to follow instructions. I showed it to my g/f and she could even follow it and she knows practically nothing about cars or electrical wiring.

Everyone will see what I'm talking about when I'm done with this project.

-Mike

shepherd79
02-13-2004, 01:10 PM
alright, i want to see some pictures, and i want high quality pictures so we can see the diff.

Luis 89LXi
02-13-2004, 01:14 PM
im interested on this upgrade my ligths suck, i trust your job. just i'm not the king of people that install things on my car without know how them work, thats the reason i search and read information about how things work on my car.

i beat you're donig a great job, i migth consider on buying one of youre kits when theyre done. Im not trying to stole your idea

Blkblurr
02-13-2004, 07:53 PM
I would be surprised if you get anything less than what the alt/battery can provide at the headlamps. The internal factory wiring is very adequate for the headlamp current demands. There is no headlamp relay in our cars. Just a hign current multi contact switch. I will measure mine the next time I get a chance. I will measure the voltage at the battery first then at the headlamps. It should be the same if no loss is occuring. You might try putting in some Silver Star head lamps. They're pricey but very bright. $25 each at Auto Zone or Advance Auto