PDA

View Full Version : fuel regulator lbs??

86LXItooFAST4me
02-13-2004, 11:36 AM
i just put an adjustable fuel regulator on my car and was wondering what should i fave it set on? 30 lbs? :help:

:bong:

smufguy
02-18-2004, 11:55 PM
i just put an adjustable fuel regulator on my car and was wondering what should i fave it set on? 30 lbs? :help:

:bong:

37 psis stoch, 40 is goood

nswst8
02-19-2004, 04:08 AM
Who, where, What, & "HOW TO"
This will help some of the other members with theirs.
Phil :cheers:

smufguy
02-19-2004, 07:24 AM
mine is the B&M adjustable pressure regulator - $59.99 - BMM – 46051

B&M 0-100 psi Fuel pressure gauge - $29.99 - BMM – 46054

Teflon tape - U need this

10mm, 12mm, 14mm sockets and an adjustable wrench

a regular hacksaw

I got both of these from summit and with handling it came around $100

Installation is a no brainer. It says what u should do with the included instruction sheet.

Pressure Gauge - it goes on the big bolt on the efi. Fuel filter. relieve the pressue in the system using the small bleed bolt (12mm) and let the presssure drop before. Be out in the open cuz of fuel fumes. Get the teflon tape (does not come with product) and wrap it around the threaded bottom of the pressure gauge and then stick the feed bolt on it and hand thread it. then thread the setup into the filter and using an adjustable wrench, tighten the bottom big bolt securely into the filter and then tighten the gauge itself to your specific orientation. Do not overtighten cause they are just brass couplers and u dont wanna ruin the threads. Also they come with two new crush washers and an angle head if u wanna use them. I did not use tha angle head, but the new crush washers are a must.

Pressure regulator - remove the stock one by taking off the two 10mm bolts holdin it to the fuel line. get the bottom clamped on a vice grip or a bench vice and saw 1/3 of the cap part of the stock regulator (Vaccuum side from top) like the instruction says. Clean off sharp edges with a file anduse a damp paper towel to get the filings out. and put on the cap and bottom piece of the adjustable pressure regulator as the instrcution says with the new spring, rubber gasket and tighten em with the allen screws provided with a lil bit of the thread lock stuff also provided.

put it back and ur good to go. set the gauge at 37 to 40 psi and ur all good.

NOTE: The fuel pressure regulator is the one for the older NSX but they fit so dont be alarmed. ALso Follow the instructions on the provided sheet, not mine for good installation. Mine is just simplified and might have missed some details. Its easy to install and everything u need for the installation besides the teflon tape are provided in the kit.