PDA

View Full Version : Is this the right inner tie rod tool?

dysiu
02-14-2004, 09:03 AM
It says: "Fits Most GM, Ford, & Chrysler" but this is the only kind they have on Ebay. If it's not right what should I be looking for and where? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2379115573&category=303

86LXItooFAST4me
02-14-2004, 10:43 AM
why would you think a domestic tool would work on a import? think man think, the only tools you should need to replace the tie rods are metric wrenches and a pair of needle noses, and you might wanna jack it up in the air and take the wheel off. that might make it a little more easy. :bong: :bandit:

Mike's89AccordLX
02-14-2004, 10:45 AM
All you need is a crow foot wrench and a hammer and a alignment tool. I did all my tie rods in my car a couple of months ago.

Moodybluesr
02-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Lisle tools makes an inner tie-rod end tool that has several inserts for a variety of cars... but it also costs $60. If you don't plan on doing too many of these jobs in your lifetime, take the advice above and grab a crow's foot (I think it's 19mm, but don't quote me) and a long extension and go to town. :D

MrBen
02-14-2004, 07:42 PM
We managed with a screwdriver and a wrench. Only took an hour for both sides, inners and outers.

dysiu
02-16-2004, 08:10 AM
why would you think a domestic tool would work on a import? think man think,...

for me domestic is metric... I'm an international student that still cant get used to inches, feet and so on... But thanks a lot for the comments.

86LXItooFAST4me
02-16-2004, 08:31 AM
why would you think a domestic tool would work on a import? think man think,...

for me domestic is metric... I'm an international student that still cant get used to inches, feet and so on... But thanks a lot for the comments.

cool man, i over looked the "inter" part to so my bad