PDA

View Full Version : Projector H4 Conversions!

HondaBoy
02-14-2004, 01:26 PM
well, ive been wanting some for the longest time. ive kinda been weary of getting them because ive never seen how they really shine. i saw some on a jeep wrangler the other night and they were nice and bright. so today i had some time and ordered them. after i send my money order in i guess they should start shipping. im getting them from ProCarParts.com. $62.46 shipped with bulbs. can't beat that with a stick! dont know about those bulbs though, they are xenon blue ones, they may work well with projectors. oh, dont worry, y'all will be the first ones to see them. i'll post pix.

Cyric_accord
02-14-2004, 02:28 PM
You got jipped by procar then... I got my Option racing ones for $20 on ebay :cheers: Don't forget to get a new h4 Wiring Harness, Cause I tried with my stock harness and couldn't handle it

AccordArizona89
02-14-2004, 02:41 PM
hahaha that sucks. they got APC h4s at pep boys for like 20 bucks too. dont know how good they are tho

Defiant[YD]
02-14-2004, 03:57 PM
i got eurolites for my accord, didn't have to change the harness. and it's been over a year now. still nothing wrong. and it's really whitish/blue. liked it so much i use the same thing on my civic too.

shepherd79
02-14-2004, 04:10 PM
i have my H4 with Raybrig bulbs for over 2 years now and i never had any electrical problems.

DigitaLuminescence
02-14-2004, 07:25 PM
It's okay, HondaBoy, I got jipped too, mine came to $56 through Ebay.
In the past year the only problem I have had with mine: I never got a wiring harness, the lights still look good, but they are a little dim.
Good luck, hope you like them!

Busted_Blue
02-15-2004, 12:13 PM
can the stock wiring harness handle 55w/65w h4? I got some used H4 conversions from Maxedoutracer for 10bucks...and not too sure if the stock wiriing harnesss will take it. If not, i'll get a new one that handles more juice :)

DigitaLuminescence
02-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Well, they'll work fine without the harness (mine handle the power), but they are dim so that you can't really see the lights during the day. I would get one if I were you.

Maybe that's what I'll do today. Now I have to figure out where I can get a harness in the Olympia area. :D

Busted_Blue
02-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Well, looking at the wiring harness, the adapter is for 6x7 seal beams...is 3 pegged...and h4 is 2 right? Am i suppose to have more hardware to this? I just got the glass lense from maxedoutracer.

DigitaLuminescence
02-15-2004, 01:00 PM
not sure exactly what you mean, there is no difference between H6054 sealed beams and H4 conversion bulbs.
both H6054 and H4 have the same 3 prongs to plug in to, the harness should be no different either. Any pictures?

qh187
02-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Well, looking at the wiring harness, the adapter is for 6x7 seal beams...is 3 pegged...and h4 is 2 right? Am i suppose to have more hardware to this? I just got the glass lense from maxedoutracer.

where did you get your housings from? what's the web address?

Busted_Blue
02-15-2004, 02:53 PM
oh, no it is from a member on this forum, maxedoutracer that drives the g1 teg.

HondaBoy
02-15-2004, 05:48 PM
i got jipped eh? i've never found projector H4's for $20! you do know they aren't the kinda i already have, right? anyway, i will probley sell the bulbs they come with to someone for more than their worth.

RobT5580
02-15-2004, 05:54 PM
When i bought my 2nd set of H4 housings (eurolite ones) the best i could find was about $22each. Im making my own projectors with Audi units because of my HID setup that im using. Personally for non HID setups i would just get the eurolite H4 housings with some decent H4 bulbs. I was very happy with mine until i got my HID setup when i worked for Audi. The projector H4 lenses they sell dont have a block off plate so i would expect the light beam to be very blinding for on coming traffic. Just my thoughts although i never used these projectors but i have had my H4's for some time and if you seal them up they will be plenty bright.

HondaBoy
02-15-2004, 06:14 PM
ah, but you got jipped. hehe. $6 for these reflector type with city lights! ok, well they aren't the best, but yeah. anyway. i'll try to get a pic of what i'm getting.
https://www.4caroption.com/pdut_detail.asp?prod_CD=LH-0706SM&LineID=Lighting&CateID=Head%20Lamp

RobT5580
02-15-2004, 06:18 PM
I would be careful with those cheap H4 housings most of them are plastic and im sure they will pit after driving them in the winter and that will decrease the light output. The eurolite's are the best iv seen thus far and are still not the greatest quality but they have a glass front.

dXsquared
02-15-2004, 06:28 PM
im running eurolites.. got a smoken deal on them too.. i love them.. i chose to just fill the city light hole with 'cone... i never had a single leaking problem...

Travis

qh187
02-15-2004, 06:41 PM
http://www.procarparts.com/products/UN76IN-4649CPX.JPG

is this what you bought?

Busted_Blue
02-15-2004, 06:56 PM
im running eurolites.. got a smoken deal on them too.. i love them.. i chose to just fill the city light hole with 'cone... i never had a single leaking problem...

Travis
'

by cone do you mean filling the big ass hole with silicone?

HondaBoy
02-15-2004, 07:11 PM
yep, those are the ones i got, and i havent had luck finding any better deals on those type there.

Bloodlust
02-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Hey guys I think you are getting Projections headlights and just regular H4 conversions mixed up. The only guy on here that I know of who sells true Projection headlights for our cars is OldSchoolSwap and he charges about 50-something per light.

Cyric_accord
02-15-2004, 09:20 PM
ah, but you got jipped. hehe. $6 for these reflector type with city lights! ok, well they aren't the best, but yeah. anyway. i'll try to get a pic of what i'm getting.
https://www.4caroption.com/pdut_detail.asp?prod_CD=LH-0706SM&LineID=Lighting&CateID=Head%20Lamp

Not really, since the city lights came installed and I got 85/80w and 130/100w bulbs with mine... but that's why I'm getting a harness, my stock one has been corroded some(damn Wisconsin winters) and for the piece of mind/ease of install to push enough power

qh187
02-16-2004, 08:41 AM
yep, those are the ones i got, and i havent had luck finding any better deals on those type there.

From what i know those aren't true projectors. It's just a magnifying lens in front of the bulb. Ask original2k i think he has the exact ones.

RobT5580
02-16-2004, 09:15 AM
They are projectors just not a true projector such as what you get from many factory cars today. Hella seems to make some of the best stuff mainly for (audi, bmw, mercedes) A true projector will have a block off plate to cut the beam in half so you dont blind people. And real projectors need a fair amount of mounting depth to get a nice beam pattern. This was my main problem with using Audi RS6 bi-xenon projectors because they are just to long so i decided to stick to my regular Audi A6 projectors.

HondaBoy
02-16-2004, 04:14 PM
yeah, i already knew about that. but it is a real projector, just not as nice as ones for all the other headlights. wish they would make something better. wonder if i can modify it somehow? anyway, this holiday weekend thing will probley slow down my order some.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
02-16-2004, 08:27 PM
E bay 19.99 :bow: http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_73_full.jpg http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_74_full.jpg

HondaBoy
02-17-2004, 08:31 PM
yeah, those look good, but looking isnt what matters. i had some APC ones that looked like they shined good, but the light pattern didnt make much light on the ground. as for my eurolite ones ive got right now, they are alright. they still havent gotten my money order in, hopefully tomorrow! either that or they didnt bother to send and e-mail. anyway, i dont feel too bad about spending the $63. oh, and notice that there isnt any reflector infront of the bulb in that pic posted, they makes a big difference in where the light goes. hope that doesnt offend anyone, but i tried both kinda with and with out the reflector thing.

Hakaveli
02-24-2004, 02:45 PM
whats the brights H4 BULBs and i have a housing with a diamond back its it better with it or with out it and if with out can i take it out

Busted_Blue
02-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Without it is...illegal. at least in California.

Hakaveli
02-24-2004, 03:10 PM
so i cant take it out here in LA whats the brights legal bulb i should say

HondaBoy
02-25-2004, 09:26 PM
well, i've been kinda pissed cuz they didnt send em yet. found out that they just got the money order today! i sent it on the 14th of february. well, they said it should be here on tuesday. so, im hoping they will be. im sure people will be all crazy over them like they were when i got the old H4 conversions. too bad those are messed up by water damage, i've fixed that problem with custom made seals.

Busted_Blue
02-26-2004, 12:47 AM
hondaboy, which part exactly did you notice the leak from? i want to prevent leak so i dont need to bother with it again.

Justin86
02-26-2004, 02:00 PM
yea that would be a average price for PROJECTOR's people. There is a difference between your $30 H4 conversion with $60 projector H4 conversion. Also, I know Old School Swap sells projectors. I want to get some when I have the extra $$$

HondaBoy
02-26-2004, 08:50 PM
hey Busted Blue, the leaking of water into the light housing was usually from when i left the lights down. it would leak from the rubber seal where the bulb is. not from the lense or anything, just the plug in area for the bulb. im sure than a brand new stock type seal would work, maybe put some silicon sealant on it. but i made some seals out of 3 inch pipe connectors. they look kinda like connectors for a cold air intake, except these are supposed to be for plumbing. works good for me, when i get the new headlights, i will probley take some pix of what i did because they work pretty well and dont leak! i've tracked my order and they are on schedual! so, tuesday should be the target date.

jigga225
02-28-2004, 01:41 AM
i know i didn't have a harness and the next thing i knew, a couplle of months and my light switch doesnt' work anymore...

HondaBoy
02-28-2004, 02:58 PM
the problem with the socket going out is when you put a higher watt bulb than stock. thats why mine is going good. with new bulbs, i think i will have to put in "heavy duty" sockets, which won't be hard. hey jigga225, what was the wattage on the bulbs you had when yours went out? that will be helpful info.

HondaBoy
03-02-2004, 08:46 PM
i got them today. well, im surprised they came on the day they were scheduled to. glad to see UPS is a trusty company. anyway, they are projector light brand. they came with 2 pro car parts bulbs. they are blue coated. when i put them in i thought they would shine like hella blue, but they are actually not bad! i thought they would shine like the ones my friend had that were APC brand. those were some blue lights. i dont know if these bulbs are xenon or halogen. they are 100/90 watt bulbs. i put on new headlight sockets because i thought the original ones looked corroded and didnt want to take a chance. i got 2 sockets for under $4 at O'reilly's. had to go to 2 different stores, each had 1 socket. anyway, i soldered the wires together instead of using crimp connectors. its all good! they look pretty cool when they are on or off. only thing is they need to be aimed down a bit. they shine better then the Eurolite ones i had. as for pix, i dont have any right now. it was so cloudy today and by the time i got them in it was dark. so i will probley get to the pix on the weekend.