PDA

View Full Version : the whole set up?

rabbit_66_61
07-08-2002, 12:03 AM
i'm about to do this.....buy 2 front koni specials.....2 rear koni specials... front and rear camber kit from options.com i already have coilovers(0-4) drop.. on so i'm goin for the slammed ride. i have 17's so i need some advice if this is it for a good slammed set up?

Jims 86LXI HB
07-08-2002, 12:34 AM
I've run koni specials for quite awhile and can say they are a very good combo with lowering springs. If you want a very stiff ride you'll need to buy a set of revalved Bilsteins. The Koni's are firm not stiff. But this makes them a more liveable choice with a greater appeal among people moving from a stock setup. They aren't shorter than the stock struts so be carefull about slamming them to low. No one makes short sport type struts for our cars. Koni can shorten them for you, for a price. BTW, off the shelf Bilsteins are far to soft to use with lowering springs.

I damaged one of my front koni's and I had a set of bilstein struts sitting in the garage that I pulled because they sucked(to soft) so rather than buy a new pair of koni's I send the Bilsteins off to be revalved. Other wise I would have purchased another set of koni's. Though the revalved Bilsteins do out perform the koni's.:D