PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cut

skull1441
02-14-2004, 08:05 PM
i know this is ghetto ... but what u guys think the outcome if i cut my springs to lower the car ??? ... someone told me that it will be like this .... Video (http://www.geocities.com/skull1441) .... i didn't believe it ... i think that guy just have F***ed up shocks

A20A1
02-14-2004, 08:34 PM
Yeah the shocks will die out quicker... but if they are still good then your ride will be nice. I have cut springs in the pic in my sig. Now I have max-speed coilovers from the 94-97 accord.

adams86lxi
02-14-2004, 08:49 PM
man, i just cut my springs yesterday on my stock 17 year old struts and it rides good! it bounces a tad bit every once in a while but im preety satified! But i keep bottoming out i should of shaved the bump stops! I lowered mine to 1 finger gap in the front and like 2 in the back. I will post photos later in the pic section. surprisingly the camber isnt to bad off at all! Im working on that right now!

mattalica
02-14-2004, 10:58 PM
i know this is ghetto ... but what u guys think the outcome if i cut my springs to lower the car ??? ... someone told me that it will be like this .... Video (http://www.geocities.com/skull1441) .... i didn't believe it ... i think that guy just have F***ed up shocks
Yes those guys shocks are totally shot!!!I have cut springs on my car I can't even get a finger between tire and fender and my camber is really bad and the ride is soft and inaccurate and I have serious stepping out problems.All this because of my cut springs!Someone here posted that they are dangerous.but I don't know why that would be dangerous???I bought my car like that and hopefully next week I'm going to get Megan racing inc coilovers.It is not all that bad and the drop looks really cool but I'm tired of hitting everything.I am going to drop my new suspension 3".We'll see.Good luck w/ your ride and get stiffer shocks...Way stiffer if u want a decent ride.

skull1441
02-15-2004, 06:21 AM
nah i dont think im going to do it ... i like the way my car handles right now and i dont wanna mess it up .... ill just save up money and do it the safer way

1988starter
02-15-2004, 03:19 PM
nah i dont think im going to do it ... i like the way my car handles right now and i dont wanna mess it up .... ill just save up money and do it the safer way

You could not pay me enough to cut my springs. It is never a good idea it kills your tires and shocks

zero.counter
02-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I have a thread from eonS ago, whEre I discussed in depth About the outcomes of cutting spRings and suCH...

Get it???

Hondacrazy
02-15-2004, 03:33 PM
You wouldn't get the bounce if you cut them the right way

Busted_Blue
02-15-2004, 04:26 PM
I have a thread from eonS ago, whEre I discussed in depth About the outcomes of cutting spRings and suCH...

Get it???

great now we have crazy knuckers with sublimal messages around the forums...sooner or later i might actually want to search..=X