PDA

View Full Version : heatercore problems

my86dx4dr
02-15-2004, 04:42 PM
i have antifreeze all over inside and its obviously the heatercore, is this a smartpart to look for used? how much should i expect new/used prices to be?

that and i just noticed my blinkers are gone and im loosing weird stuff!.... im really really pissed since its supposed to go into the shop for a clutch this tomorrow ....this is- :bs:

A20A1
02-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Getting out the heater core is a pain the the A**... I'm not sure how much they go for new. Used one is just a gamble, I don't think I would go used. Check on the hoses since they connect to the heater core right next to the firewall. Get some new hose or a male / male coolant hose connection to Bypass the heater core so you can at least drive the car around.

nswst8
02-15-2004, 06:23 PM
At least until you you can get around to it, you can grab a small space heater with an inverter to warm yourself inside the car plus its starting to warm up.

I've seen heater cores on ebay they aren't that bad in price.

If go with a junkyard get a bike inner tube snip 6" either side of the nozzle use small clamps to attach to heater core pressurise with air dip in bucket of H2o to see for leaks, or you can use a spray bottle of soap and H2o this you can take to the junkyard with you so you can test it there.
Hope this helps, LOL
Phil :cheers:

Blkblurr
02-16-2004, 07:56 AM
The inner tube is a good idea because you won't overpressurize the heater core. You may be able to have it re-corred. I did one on a mustang and it was half the cost of new. It's a pain in the A** job though.

my86dx4dr
02-16-2004, 04:42 PM
i just talked to he family honda shop owner and found out that it is HIGHLY unlikely its the core, he said they RARELY go out, so when he replaces my clutch tomorrow hes gonna check it out, he said brand new from honda theyr 335$ plus install, and at thrift auto theyr prolly around 100$ so i might get my uncle to help me put it in my self, cuz he said labor could get up to 400+ i said fuck that, so i will look into it deeper tomorrow while im under the hood and all, he thinks its a hose or somethin

rocky2
02-16-2004, 04:59 PM
You could make your own heater. All you need is a heater core(any make). A blower fan(any make),and two hoses off your 3-g(any make). It just won't defrost windows. I've seen people do it in full size vans,not compacts. For those who detest dash work.