PDA

View Full Version : pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ravenix
02-15-2004, 06:34 PM
my car has just recently been making this air noise that sounds like some air is leaking, its coming from down inside my carb/air cleaner and it gets louder as i push the gas to accelerate. it is really annoying and my car is running alot different than usual

SteveDX89
02-15-2004, 06:46 PM
It's just your carb sucking in air or fuel. One of those two. Did you flip the lid? That usually when you can here it. When it's on the regular way, you can't really hear it.

Ravenix
02-15-2004, 06:51 PM
no i flipped the lid a long time ago,it was just this morning that it started, i flipped it back and it still makes the noise it just seems louder because my car isnt as loud anymore, it sounds like a high pressure air leak

SteveDX89
02-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Could be a vacuum leak? I can hear my car making a sucking type noise when I hit the gas. That's all I can think of. Sorry, I can't be of more help. I'm not really a carb guru.

87AccordLXsdn
02-15-2004, 07:22 PM
make sure all the bolts holding the carb on are tight. thats happened to me 2 times to the point where i couldnt even keep it running

A20A1
02-15-2004, 08:41 PM
hmm, do you notice poor idle? Spray some carb cleaner around the base of the intake manifold and listen for a raise in RPMs.

I'm not sure if it is the air suction, I know it draws in a lot of air. You have the A18... so do you have the dual carbs?

Ravenix
02-16-2004, 12:15 AM
nah i only have one carb, when i swapped the engine thew guy that did it for me just bolted the stack intake mani and carb back to it. my idle has been fluctuating, sits kinda highe in park and to low in drive, been hesitating really bad too. ive been looking for an excuse to put the new carb on my car (the one that came with the engine) its already bolted to the stock a18a intake mani, how hard would it be to put the new intake manifold/carb in? this will be all by myself and i will only have one day to do it, is it doable? also should i rebuld the one that came with the engine before i put it on? it only has 30k miles usage

and also if i put a jdm spec carb on my car will i pass emissions?

Ravenix
02-16-2004, 12:42 AM
so yea...... bump