PDA

View Full Version : Please help me. :(

MattsAccord
02-16-2004, 01:32 AM
I have a problem and nobody seems to know what is wrong. When my car is just sitting in nuetral and running it make this sweaking grinding sound. Its not really loud but loud enough that it is starting to scare me. When I put my foot on the clutch the sqeaking stops but the grinding dosen't. The sqeaking sound pluses and makes the same noise but the grinding sound makes kinda different noises. Any help is awesome I want to know what it is before it breaks so I can try to stop it. :help:

Magny
02-16-2004, 02:24 AM
your pressure plate is worn out, from what I can tell. My autoshop teacher showed us manythings that can happen to cars and what sounds are what. so from what I know, it must be your pressure plate. take it to a clutch shop and have them inspect it, or unless you can do it yourself and check the pressure plate.

nswst8
02-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Yeap, the last time I had a noise like that it was the throw out bearing. Anyway you look at it, time to replace the clutch.
Hope this help, LOL
Phil :cheers:

MattsAccord
02-16-2004, 10:56 AM
I just replaced my cluch in september????? :werd:

Justin86
02-16-2004, 11:10 AM
yea that would make sense that it is in the clutch system but you just put in a new clutch/preasure plate and bearing. Try adjusting your cable to see if that helps, I wanted to do that at my house but I forgot.

nswst8
02-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Or did someone do it for you. Was the housing cleaned prior to reinstalled the clutch. Think back. Try adjusting the clutch cable as Justin suggested. And it is possible that the clutch could have failed. Your discription suggest this possiblity.
Hope this helps, LOL
Phil :cheers:

cruznz
02-17-2004, 12:22 AM
was it making the noise before you put in the new clutch?

If so, then you may have worn mainshaft/input shaft bearings,hope i'm wrong tho'

MattsAccord
02-17-2004, 01:03 AM
was it making the noise before you put in the new clutch?

If so, then you may have worn mainshaft/input shaft bearings,hope i'm wrong tho'

No it just started making the noises in the last few weeks. I was fine before that and I have been driving since last september with no problems.

cruznz
02-17-2004, 02:14 AM
when the noise first started,did it get worse or just as it is now?

when you replaced the clutch,did you replace the throw-out bearing too?
although i would expext it to be more noisier during clutch operation if it was worn.

I recently replaced a trans in a ute with the same symptons as yours, when i stripped it down, I found that the input shaft bearing was completely worn, then one of the ballbearings fell into the case seizing it up........this is worse case senario....
I'd try what the other members have suggested first....maybe check that nothing has come loose....starter motor...maybe.....loose pressure plate

Justin86
02-19-2004, 11:52 PM
....cough...... water pump...... cough, 3hrs peice of crap....... :)

skull1441
02-21-2004, 08:00 PM
i had the same problem... i replaced my clutch with an Autozone clutch and after a few months, this shit happaned ..... ur throw-out bearing (or release bearing) is messed up and it is grinding ur pressure plate, u need to change it as soon as possible (NOT WITH AUTOZONE CLUTCH !!!!) cus ur pressure plate might shatter while ur drving ... this happened to me b4 ! :/

did u replace it with Autozone clutch??

Justin86
02-22-2004, 07:43 PM
No he put in a Exedy clutch/preasure plate. I adjusted his cable for him and it still did it. The next day he blew out his water pump, replaced it and the noise went away.