PDA

View Full Version : Car got broken into

damackz
05-02-2002, 10:31 AM
So i get up this morning and go to my car what do i find?! My pass door unlocked, glovebox, change thing and center console open!!! So i immediately check the trunk and find my subs and amp are gone! :mad: :burn: :flame: grrr they made a harsh mess, no broken window tho but the black strip by the window is kinda off! Grrrrr i was planning to do some work tha car today but this incident has gotten me soo pissed! grrr atleast $700 of equipment gone! lucky i took the faceplate out or else tha deck would have been gone also! :(

88WhiteLX-i
05-02-2002, 11:08 AM
Sorry to hear that man... that blows. Where'd you have your car parked?? in your driveway?? That's still screwed that took your shit like thay. did you have an alarm on that?? :burn:

Mike89Accordcom
05-02-2002, 11:22 AM
Ya sounds like you didn't have an alarm. My alarm has saved my car 5 times from attempts. So for sure get one soon. Sorry for your loss, thieves suck.

:poke:

MoonScryer
05-02-2002, 12:10 PM
Sucks man . I hate thieves :mad:

Get an alarm on that thing. Shock sensor, entry protection, the usual basics. 90% are for snatch and grabs, so if it's loud and stuff, they will go away fast.

87accordlxi
05-02-2002, 12:14 PM
that sucks man. same thing happened to me, except i didnt have anything to steal, lol. thieves have to be the lowest bottom-feeders of society

Jdub07
05-02-2002, 01:58 PM
I for one feel your pain! They took my whole car, subs, amp,deck,rims,FUCKERS this was a couple month ago....and I'm still so pissed off..right where I live. Anyway get an alarm! Get hood locks too then they can't cut your alarm,...shit I even took out the red blinking that warns those fuckers about the alarm. That way it will catch them by more surprise when that shit goes off and god willing I will be around to say :wtf:

damackz
05-02-2002, 02:23 PM
Yeah i got an alarm but its sittting in my room waiting for it to be installed :rolleyes:. Yeah I am getting the whole install done soon after i finish this insurance stuff. and the car was parked in front of my house and there is plenty of light there and its on a buzy street so that kinda surprised me as did how they managed to steal the box cuz that thing was HEAVY. They stole alot of pennies which has really confused me....Oh well i hope that to those who dont have an alarm get one soon cuz it sucks getting ripped off peace! :pimp:

TeKKnoTeKK
05-02-2002, 05:06 PM
Sorry you had to go through that bro.....it's a really shitty feeling when someone can take something you worked so hard for within a matter of minutes. I remember my stomach dropping a few times because of someone ripping off my shyt. Good thing you have that alarm tho, I have learned that you can't have anything worth something in your car without one. Don't worry, karma will get those fuckers man.

88Ex-i
05-02-2002, 07:51 PM
glad i got my alarm on..........but i guess I still gotta watch the pennies in the change drawer.......

damackz
05-02-2002, 08:37 PM
haha yeah man in total i think they got atleast $0.20!!!! :eek: lol but yeah they will get theirs sooner or layter.......

YK86
05-02-2002, 11:43 PM
Damn...that sucks! I guess you can't do much about it. It's unfortunate but our cars are very easy to get into.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-03-2002, 01:14 AM
what makes them so easy to get into? The power doors would be hard as hell to slim jim and the fact we have the fold down seat that locks and we can lock the trunk relase helps a lot. BTW....even tho I have a good alarm I keep the trunk release locked just incase. And I also to make sure to take my stereo face off, you were lucky you did that damackz. Trick is with thiefs you can never let your guard down. They need to come up with an alarm to pump some voltage into these fuckers.

MoonScryer
05-03-2002, 04:56 AM
The lock rods in the doors are easy as hell to jimmy. Also, you shove a flat bladed screwdrivers in the trunk lock, twist it hard, and ban, you are in the trunk. If all they are interested in is a smash and grab, there is little you can do to stop it from happening like this. Hell, they don't even go to this length, they usually just smash the window out, grab whatever is visible/in glove box, and run.

87accordlxi
05-03-2002, 09:06 AM
just jam a screwdriver between the door handle and the door, jimmy the lock, and you're in. i learned that the hard way

88turboaccord
05-03-2002, 10:36 AM
I have had my turboaccord stolen before---long store, cost me a lot to get it back together again..

YK86
05-03-2002, 11:32 AM
Reasons why it's easy:

1-They pry the window out of the channels and use a wire or something to lift up the lock
2-Use a screwdriver to pry up on the door handle and when done properly, it lifts the lock and door handle rods unlocking the car and opening the door at the same time.
3-that stupid trunk release lock is a joke. I though that it would protect me too but they just pryed that up and opened the trunk. When I took it apart to see if I could fix it, all it was that was "locking" it was a thin piece of metal that keeps the thing from lifting. With enough force, it will just give.

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
05-03-2002, 12:00 PM
That sucks buddy... I hope you've got comprehensive insurance. I know a lot of people don't on a car as old as ours, but I do 'cause it gives me peace of mind.

Erika

88WhiteLX-i
05-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Yeah that really blows that your shit got stolen like that, I just had my car re-painted today. And I got Full coverage insurance on her. She looks great, and I want her to stay that way. I plan on putting a car alarm in, just not sure which kind or even where to go. :bandit:

damackz
05-03-2002, 07:07 PM
alarm is ur best friend......yeah the accord is sooo eazy to get into, cuz i have locked my keys in tha car a couple times so yeah i broke into it and its really eazy.........The trunk release lock doesnt help cuz they could just fold back tha back seat and jack ur stuff, yeah i got comprehensive and its going to cover upto a 1,000 which is almost what i lost, so all in all Get an alarm and good insurance! peace :pimp: